DirectAdmin v1.644 has been released

It is more logical to use "stable" version of DA not others.
I think the issue with going to stable is that DA updates are the only way to deliver other software updates. Versions.txt is now tied to a DA update. So if openlitespeed or php pushes out a critical security update, the only way to get it is by waiting for a push of a new version of DA or a hot fix to an existing current version.
I hope I am wrong, perhaps they would be pushing an hot fix to stable too?

Security Questions are not asked with the new update?

It seems that no security questions are asked when loggin in..

New build 36f862603bd077978a451db5497132bb8f9efe9e resolves the issue of login-as quick account switcher, thanks @maxiz and @galuh82.

@jet1972, security are working fine, maybe it is a different issue not related to the upgrade.

Hmm.. after entering username and password it goes directly to Two-Step Authentication - No security questions asked.

Not really sure if this belongs in this thread or not, feel free to move it out of this discussion if it does not belong.

Is DirectAdmin automatically updating now?

My /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/options.conf contains:

da_autoupdate=no
updates=no

But yet, I'm seeing DirectAdmin update from

DirectAdmin 1.644 build c23594a3fd76908775c2e304528225a7f8806cc6 to 1.644 build 36f862603bd077978a451db5497132bb8f9efe9e update is available.

To

Installed version of DirectAdmin: 1.644 build 36f862603bd077978a451db5497132bb8f9efe9e

Without any interaction on my part.

While I can understand that these are hotfixes, shouldn't these only be installed with my express written consent?

I don't recall this behavior happening before 1.644.

Seems with the new DA updates it affect admin rights of Litespeed plugin.

Litespeed have reached out to DA.

Latest version of DirectAdmin: 1.643 build 3d897a3a089fd226d878f21666efcd2a35fcc3e8
Installed version of DirectAdmin: 1.643 build 3d897a3a089fd226d878f21666efcd2a35fcc3e8
Even changed mirror......

I'm using an OWNED license and I am actually being pwned!

Even changed mirror......
To what? Try changing it to files.directadmin.com if it's not that yet.
Also, for autopatch some settings need to be present.
autopatch=1 in directadmin.conf
and you need to be on the current release channel.

Since when did custombuild started forcing directadmin upgrade when it is run with the 'update' option?
Yesterday out of habit I launched a custombuild that way before running rewrite_confs and was surprised by the automatic DA upgrade which I didn't want to do until 1.644 is fixed.
I thought so far that 'update' only upgrades custombuild itself and refreshes the packages versions and 'update_versions' performs the upgrade, and here is such an unpleasant surprise.

Last edited:
Since when did custombuild started forcing directadmin upgrade when it is run with the 'update' option?
Yesterday out of habit I launched a custombuild that way before running rewrite_confs and was surprised by the automatic DA upgrade which I didn't want to do until 1.644 is fixed.
I thought so far that 'update' only upgrades custombuild itself and refreshes the packages versions and 'update_versions' performs the upgrade, and here is such an unpleasant surprise.
CustomBuild is a part of DirectAdmin. DirectAdmin update = CustomBuild update, CustomBuild update = DirectAdmin update. If we removed ./build update functionatlity at all, systems that were executing it to see the new versions would always show no updates available, thus it's there for backwards compatibility.

To what? Try changing it to files.directadmin.com if it's not that yet.
Also, for autopatch some settings need to be present.
autopatch=1 in directadmin.conf
and you need to be on the current release channel.
files
autopatch is on, but as I'm still on old version 1.643,will have no effect......

Always do
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild;./build clean;./build update;./build update_data;./build versions | grep "update is available"

🤷‍♂️

I always do:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build update_versions

Since versions.txt is now integrated in DA, you won't see any "update is available" messages anymore unless you have the newest DA version.

Since versions.txt is now integrated in DA, you won't see any "update is available" messages anymore unless you have the newest DA version.

#da update current
directadmin debian9 v1.643 3d897a3a089fd226d878f21666efcd2a35fcc3e8 debian9_amd64: already latest

Then did this and now it's telling me 1.643 is an update. 🤦‍♂️

This program is jokes like bloody cPanel.

Also getting the following when accessing CSF.

Security Error: No valid session key
Information saved to [/var/lib/csf/da1666134737.error]

Never had this error before the update and I check this all the time.

I can also confirm that logging out and going back in "fixes" the problem.

I confirm this bug in 1.644 (36f862603bd077978a451db5497132bb8f9efe9e).

Never have this problem before, yesterday the only solution is doing full restart to the CSF/LFD with command csf -ra.
Today have this problem again but now after doing logout, login solved.

Only me with same browser computer access to this login page.

Back