DirectAdmin v1.646 has been released

when we receive a hotfix notification, the update is done or we have to manage it ourselves.
When you receive a message in DA system it means update is already installed.

@fln thanks for hotfix but DA still has problem with edit menu. When I want disable (hide) some function for user. User still see this function in panel.

One more update (build 9c346bb67f9608714c6bb447ea41b5e2bb9e37bf) with the following improvements:
  • Evolution fix for WP automatic login, thanks @MisterM
  • Evolution fix for menu customizations, thanks @mikussikus
  • Reverted PHP ioncube plugin from 12.0.5 back to 12.0.4, because when used together with opcache on PHP 8.1 it causes CLI PHP invocations to crash, which in turn breaks DA password strength check (PHP script in scripts dir).

I forgot to tell you that we also have a visibility bug, when you log in as admin or user on the evolution theme, it seems that the login page shrinks to the top left and is deleted directly.

I rectify my message, it is when we disconnect

Last edited:
One more update (build 9c346bb67f9608714c6bb447ea41b5e2bb9e37bf) with the following improvements:
  • Evolution fix for WP automatic login, thanks @MisterM
  • Evolution fix for menu customizations, thanks @mikussikus
  • Reverted PHP ioncube plugin from 12.0.5 back to 12.0.4, because when used together with opcache on PHP 8.1 it causes CLI PHP invocations to crash, which in turn breaks DA password strength check (PHP script in scripts dir).
Ha yes, it is more install of wordpress with the manager, big bug.

My wish is that you don't push bugs in the stable channel (like you used to) because that is the place of happiness for the rest of us. Take your time, don't rush. Thank you.

My wish is that you don't push bugs in the stable channel (like you used to) because that is the place of happiness for the rest of us.
I have to understand what @MaXi32, I relate a bug rather incomprehensible, I have to close my "mouth"

I should not have deleted my messages, but we can no longer create a site via Wordpress Manager, Big bug

Complement on this bug, I create a database / user is I install from the Wordpress Manager, it works.

It is when we generate a database that the installation is not done.

Last edited:
I have to understand what @MaXi32, I relate a bug rather incomprehensible, I have to close my "mouth"

My previous post was for the Directadmin team. You can switch to a stable channel if there many issues on the current channel.

1. Log into your DA installation

2. Navigate to Support & Help >> Licensing / Updates

3. On the bottom of the page, change the Update Channel value to STABLE.

4. Click the CHANGE UPDATE CHANNEL button

I forgot to tell you that we also have a visibility bug, when you log in as admin or user on the evolution theme, it seems that the login page shrinks to the top left and is deleted directly.

I rectify my message, it is when we disconnect

In addition, on logout from a user or reseller account, for a couple of seconds a screen with some text (about privileges?), a huge DA logo at the top and some links ('Try Again' and 'Logout') appear before switching to the login page.

Last edited:
In sidebar layout, the Language-List drop-down box at the bottom left gets truncated after switching to an account from admin.

DA-Obscured-Language-List-DropDown-Box.png

My previous post was for the Directadmin team. You can switch to a stable channel if there many issues on the current channel.
I give you Reason @MaXi32 ;)
But said to stay on the stable version, is about the updates, it will swap or not?

Good day everyone, we released an Evolution fix (build 744951d6db1c3d5b7c4dc91365beeda461a6db9e) to auto-fill DB credentials when creating new WordPress instance. Thanks @MisterM.

Originally, /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update was meant to grab a new list of DirectAdmin maintained applications and their DirectAdmin supplied version numbers for CustomBuild.

Used in conjunction with /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build versions to show DirectAdmin maintained applications and their versions. Simply running /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build versions may or may not have showed the latest DirectAdmin supplied versions (applications that had updates available). Running /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update and then /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build versions would serve to update the available application version updates and show what updates were available.

But in DirectAdmin's infinite wisdom to do away with separate application updates and requiring all of that to be in a DirectAdmin update - /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update served to be useless. Except, they also decided that "people that run /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build update are probably wanting an application update list... so let's sneak in a DirectAdmin update with that so that the application list will also update."

Like I said, entirely not a fan of this whole CustomBuild application and DirectAdmin update decision.

One more important issue. I'm using the "stable" channel (1.645) of DA and I'm not able to patch Exim to version 4.96 that has a fix for CVE-2022-3559 (changelog).
Patch is available to channel "current" (1.646). What is the purpose of the different releases where I'm not able to maintain security ?

@matkra the patch for CVE-2022-3559 is a low severity one, it was released for Exim around summer 2022. It comes with some compatibility issues because Exim with the fix for this issue is a version between 4.96 (latest released Exim version) and 4.97 (work in progress not yet released).

If you want to use this exim version with stable DA you can change exim version from 4.96 to 4.96-58-g4e9ed49f8 in the CustomBuild custom versions section. But keep in mind once you set a custom version it will stay at this version until you remove version customization.

Good day everyone, we released an Evolution fix (build 744951d6db1c3d5b7c4dc91365beeda461a6db9e) to auto-fill DB credentials when creating new WordPress instance. Thanks @MisterM.
No worries, we should release a second version with all the bugs fixed

How can I revert to 1.644 via CLI ?
"da update 1.644" or "da update 1.64.4" doesnt work, seems I need the full commit version string. But using dig I get only commits for 1.645, but not 1.644. Where to find the commit strings for older DA versions?

Quick update on the issue reported by @rahman051, we got access to the server, root cause was malformed CageFS configuration and had nothing to do with DA update. CageFS was unable to create cage skeleton because it required a system directory /etc/mail to be present on the system, but the dir was removed. Creating missing directory resolved the CageFS create issue and fixed all the problems. Anyone experiencing similar problems please report them directly to CloudLinux support.

How can I revert to 1.644 via CLI ?
"da update 1.644" or "da update 1.64.4" doesnt work, seems I need the full commit version string. But using dig I get only commits for 1.645, but not 1.644. Where to find the commit strings for older DA versions?
This is the commit version for 1.644

Code:
2138cff12eb6d60eec6bde18b2bf38b208f9ae51

Back