DirectAdmin v1.648 has been released

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.648.

Key new features are - DB manager (easy way to see what DB is doing and to terminate unwanted queries), improvements in sub-domain document root handling, updates to cPanel import tool, and some more.

Full release change log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.648

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!

Since a recent release the 'build versions_json' doesn't work anymore it seems to have been completely removed. I can't find anything regarding this in the recent releases, why did this get removed and would it be possible to regain it's functionality?
We run version 1.648 and you can test it by running "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build versions_json"

@SanderJ, this was internal command used only by the legacy CustomBuild plugin. It was removed since legacy plugin is no longer supported.

You can access this information via the CustomBuild API, example request command curl -s $(da api-url)/api/custombuild/updates. CustomBuild API endpoints are documented in the swagger spec.

It looks like the search function (the one top right) is broken?
Tested this also on the demo version.
The background request has the data, it's just not shown.

It looks like the search function (the one top right) is broken?
Tested this also on the demo version.
The background request has the data, it's just not shown.
Same problem here.
Updated DirectAdmin and search is no longer displayed.

Reactions: fln
@SanderJ, this was internal command used only by the legacy CustomBuild plugin. It was removed since legacy plugin is no longer supported.

Why? And when?

I'm running 1.647 and /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build versions_json is still working for me.

I use this for my own internal scripts, since JSON is easily parseable.

Just because YOU were only using it in some regards doesn't mean that others weren't using it for something else.

The output of /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build versions_json and curl -s $(da api-url)/api/custombuild/updates are slightly different. While you can argue that curl -s $(da api-url)/api/custombuild/updates outputs the same information, because the format is different - it can't be used as a drop in replacement. The code that reads the JSON from curl -s $(da api-url)/api/custombuild/updates will have to be rewritten.

@sparekm this aspect (command versions_json) of CustomBuild is not part of public CLI API it is not documented anywhere. Using internal interfaces is not recommended because we do not guarantee its stability. Please update your scripts to use API call via DirectAdmin.

Thanks for report on search issue @paulonichio.

Installatron Admin plugin page is broken in Evolution skin,

error message:

Ooops... something went wrong

o.get is not a function

reverted back from "current" to stable to get it working again.
this is a "deal-breaker" as many clients relay on Installatron.

Can someone please confirm the stable build (1.647 (6dcbaabd97a79cb62278e2d77a3cc204f54fae87)) has the recently released security fix. It has a different build.

@BillyS it does. Please lets keep this thread for DA 1.648 related discussion.

A new build 4765e49e8aa32739bec6a564db0a6c3ac366dbb1 has a fix for Evolution search bar, thanks @wavoe and @paulonichio.

@yonatanp regarding the installatron plugin, it uses direct Evolution integration (via vue javascript framework) - which is really fragile and needs to be changed every time something in Evolution source code changes. As a temporary workaround removing the vue=1 (or renaming it to _vue=1) in the /usr/local/directadmin/plugins/installatron/plugin.conf file forces plugin to drop direct vue integration and use standard plugin integration.

Because of the fragile nature of the vue integration we expect to deprecate it soon.

@exlhost, could you please give us more details (which layout and which header) or a screenshot? A quick run over the layouts in mobile mode - have not caught anything out of order.

In my check-if-any-updates-are-available-script that uses ./build versions I have a comment saying that ./build versions would have an exit code indicating the number of available updates, or 0 if no updates were available. It seems like this behaviour has changed, is that correct?

Second question, the now removed ./build versions_json that I also use in the same script, used to return the key security to indicate any EOL software that was installed. Is this key also present in the result from the custombuild api, or is it gone? When parsing the custombuild api output, it's nice to know what to expect. Is its format documented somewhere?

And related - since ./build update now doesn't seem to fetch new available versions (?) what's the command I need to run to make sure ./build versions or the custombuild api/updates returns the latest available updates?

In my check-if-any-updates-are-available-script that uses ./build versions I have a comment saying that ./build versions would have an exit code indicating the number of available updates, or 0 if no updates were available. It seems like this behaviour has changed, is that correct?
Just tested it out - yes, the behaviour has changed but this was not intentional. We still count the number of updates but it gets lost by counting loop being executed in a subshell. So this is a bug and we will fix it. Thanks for reporting it (y)!
Second question, the now removed ./build versions_json that I also use in the same script, used to return the key security to indicate any EOL software that was installed. Is this key also present in the result from the custombuild api, or is it gone?
Special key security is completely removed. In normal ./build versions output (not JSON) it used to be shown as Security update is available.:... . We removed it completely because the only way to trigger it was by having MySQL 5.5 or MariaDB 10.1. No other software were checked or reported.

The expected way to handle situations where CustomBuild no longer supports some software versions would be to throw an error explaining why CB refuses to run. This is the method used already for refusing to run CB on systems with mod_php.

Is its format documented somewhere?
Yes, CB API is documentation is available inside the DirectAdmin GUI. Evolution skin -> User Level -> Support & Help -> Live API Documentation.
1680338901266.png
The documentation is available in Swagger format, there are a lot of open source tools to read it. By using API spec from your server you will always get up to date version of the API documentation. The spec file is available at https://server.example.com:2222/docs/swagger.json (this file is rendered in the Evolution API docs page). For example you could use the swagger viewer at swagger.io and pull the API docs spec from our demo server at demo.directadmin.com here is the link for it.
And related - since ./build update now doesn't seem to fetch new available versions (?) what's the command I need to run to make sure ./build versions or the custombuild api/updates returns the latest available updates?
You can get latest software version updates by updating DA, from CLI that would be da update command. Commands ./build update and ./build update_script are aliases to da update.

@exlhost, could you please give us more details (which layout and which header) or a screenshot? A quick run over the layouts in mobile mode - have not caught anything out of order.
@fln top bar - full hamburger menu is missing on my iphone on refreshed layout.
When we togle device toolbar in Chrome inspecter and change to iphone then the topbar - mobile menu is visible but when you refresh its gone again.

Attachments

• refreshed.png
    refreshed.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: fln
After update, custom lang in /usr/local/directadmin/data/skins/evolution/lang/custom doesn't work

When clicking Installation the following error displays:

"Ooops... something went wrong
o.get is not a function. (In 'o.get("/CMD_PLUGINS/installatron/index.raw")', 'o.get' is undefined)"

Back