DirectAdmin v1.649 has been released

Can you fix the "help" part for too @fln ?

Reactions: fln
Hi, regarding about Modsecurity issued with comment error.
still not fixed.

As I know, it need ";" before add comment in same line like this
SecRuleRemoveById 932130; #mycomment

###UPDATE for anyone have same problem, it already planned 10days ago.

Last edited:
Minor issue with 1.649 (77d3500e47973213390e4a895168108d047c6d41)/linux_amd64/debian10_amd64, now I only found this on one server so far, checked a bunch of other servers and they are fine, when logging in as a user it doesn't show the logged in user anymore. Seems the user list is getting truncated not showing all users (haven't counted how many are on the list before it cuts off, but it looks the same each time), there's 138 users on this server, most of the servers I'm managing have less than 50 users.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-05-10 13-40-55.png
    Screenshot from 2023-05-10 13-40-55.png
    3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: fln
One more update is released, CloudLinux confirmed we can jump on mod_lsapi 1.1-67 so we bumped the mod_lsapi version, and included a fix for site redirect feature on OpenLiteSpeed. OLS redirection feature used to treat URLs (and leading / symbols) differently than Apache, now they both should work the same.

@fln I checked, it's cutting off at 49 accounts in the pull down list every time. And a second thing i found with the selection box, if you scroll using the cursor keys the selected item scrolls down past the bottom of the visible area of the selection window.

I noticed in the changelog for v1.649 that the private_html symlink toggle has been removed, and that the filemanager should be used to create the symlink.

1) How can we do this? We cannot find any option in the filemanager in the Evolution skin to create a symlink

2) Since most websites use the symlink-option anyway, is it possible to make this the default option for newly created domains? That would make it a lot easier for customers, because they don't have to make the symlink in most cases.

v1.649 all of sudden stopped showing Cloudlinux Manager, Imunify, CSF Firewall and CXS Exploit Scanner plugin.
Switched back to v1.648 and all plugins came back.

v1.649 all of sudden stopped showing Cloudlinux Manager, Imunify, CSF Firewall and CXS Exploit Scanner plugin.
Maybe something hicked up? From those you mention I only use the CSF Firewall plugin, but that is still working on our system with v.1.649 running on it.
Both on Centos 7.x and Alma Linux 8.x servers.

So maybe one of the other plugins caused the issue?

An update is released:
  • it fixes nginx unit build script, version 1.30.0 have changed the location of modules.
  • fixes issue of login URLs asking for 2FA.

IP management button for Resellers, do not work (I tested both Refresehed and Icongrid ) bot last hotfix and previous
Reverting to stable make it work

It appears the ability to download email settings for outlook automatically are removed in this latest version? It's not showing anymore in either the evolution or enhanced skins.

hi everyone, we have an update for Evolution related issues, new release fixes:
  • Showing currently active user in master login bar on servers with a log or users, thanks @cjd
  • Fixed IP management button for Resellers, thanks @DanielP
  • Help tool-tips overlay issue, thanks @Richard G
  • Fuzzy translations (not verified by translators) are removed from the language files, they were not being shown in earlier DA versions but with this release they got included, so removing them makes translations behave as they did in older DA versions.
  • Other small issues and fixups for Evo

@fln Confirmed that it now does show the current user. But the pull down list is now limited to ~49 entries? I know i can search by typing, but customers are lazy lol, it's probably being limited for performance reasons, maybe give an admin page section to toggle full/partial and how many? It's nice to now see the primary domain listed with the user now in the pull down selection box. The selection box still had the issue where if you cursor down with the keyboard the selected item scrolls off the visible area of the selection window when you get closer to the end of the list.

@SanderJ regarding the private_html symlinks.

Please make sure your server has default_private_html_link=1 option set in directadmin.conf. You can check it with da config-get default_private_html_link and change it to 1 with command da config-set default_private_html_link 1 --restart.

This config option ensures that server will take care of creating the symlink by default. This option is turned on by default on new DA installations for the last ~5 years, but on very old servers it might still be off if server was installed before this config option was introduced.

With the upcoming releases we will make sure it is always ON and completely remove this option (ability to set it to OFF).

With the upcoming releases we will make sure it is always ON and completely remove this option (ability to set it to OFF).
He could also just remove the line and restart DA. However, totally removing the option? So will this also (finally) remove the symlink on creating new accounts and only creating a public_html directory?

If I'm not mistaken there are still some users which do use a seperate private and public_html for some reasons (which I do not know), won't they get into issues?

He could also just remove the line and restart DA.
Not really. It is not enough to just remove the line. Option default_private_html_link=1 is set at DA install time, so that all users that did not have this option at all (installed DA 6 years ago) would continue having default_private_html_link=0 like it was before. So completely removing this line from directadmin.conf would start using default_private_html_link=0 value.

So it would be correct to say that default_private_html_link=1 is default at DA install time for the past 5 years, but internal default (when option is missing) is still default_private_html_link=0.

If I'm not mistaken there are still some users which do use a seperate private and public_html for some reasons (which I do not know), won't they get into issues?
After migration to a shared public_html directory is complete anyone that wants to run multiple sites can still run them on separate domain or subdomain (but on on different protocol plain-text vs TLS).

So completely removing this line from directadmin.conf would start using default_private_html_link=0 value.
Aha! Thank you. Since DA versions (binary's) are always updated, I thought removing the line would fall back to the default options from the new binary, but now I see that is not the case. I didn't know that. Thank you for explaining.

Why has the custombuild plugin recently been updated to only work in the evolution skin?

I find evolution sluggish and buggy and often have to switch back to enhanced to find things missing or at least not in the same place on evolution.

Is directadmin officially stopping the support of custom skins by taking this action?

If all the skin pages and options aren't made available to every skin, it pretty much kills the custom skin option as a feature. Thanks

Back