DirectAdmin v1.653 RC

How else will your license get blocked until you downgrade to 10.6? possibly your OS installed an update that triggered your error.
He did have that error indeed on MariaDB 10.6 but that was an error on DA's side which was fastly fixed too. Only very few people encountered this.

I have used DA for many years now. Over 10 years I believe. The prices they have right now is not the prices to always have. I have always paid for a DA license through the datacenter I rent my server/VPS from. This always worked great.

The license from the datacenter should not be different from te one you buy from DA directly. It is a valid/legal DA license. It's simply bought by the datacenter and resold to me with permission from DA. This has always been the case. And the payment model between DA and the datacenter is between them. But i'm certain the datacenter payed DA for the license they provide to me.

That the license of the datacenter is all of a sudden is something different is a change DA made. The new license DA offers would quadrouple the cost for us overnight. Which is weird. As I do not need nor want al the 'new' features from the plus pack. I simple need a realiable system to install the software I neeed to run my server safely.

But most weird to think me is that using DA now blocks me from using Mariadb 10.11. That is weirdest. The only reason is not incompatibility or other technical problems but simply DA wanting more money and breaking the deal they made with the datacenters. Using my server as a hostage. I use the term hostage because I now most make a choice between using mariadb or DA or paying 4x as much for the same product I already have a valid license to. They block me untill I paid more, therefor a hostage situation to me.

I would understand that no new features will come to an old license. I underderstand pro features are only included in the new license. That's all fair. But it not faire to make you software deliberatly absolute because you want to sell new licenses. It's illegal to block me for using a different product from an other vendor. DA should have no say in what other software I install on my server.

Again blocking Mariab db 10.11 is not a compatibilty issues. It's money grabing issue. They know it will make the legacy licenses unusabel in 2 years when the updates stop for mariadb 10.6. They know dataproviders cannot risk selling it as t will create a posible security hole. They deliberatly do this to make the current licenses invalid. And I thruly believe this is a breach of contract. But more importantly, I believe It's a bad business practice.

DA is a great product. And if it raise it's prices then that is their right. This could even be acceptable. But the way in which they do this makes it hard for me to trust them as a business partner. Blocking me to use my server how I want is a big deal it's a breach of trust.

I hope they will reconsider this weird tacktick
I agree with you, it is ok when directadmin remove mariadb 10.11 from custombuild with legacy license.
But it is unfair when "stop running when user using mariadb 10.11".
In future, will DA have new features like LiteSpeed and stop running when user using LiteSpeed?

Back