DirectAdmin v1.660

fln

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone!

We are happy to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.660.

This update brings new features to the database management page, UI changes for Evolution refreshed layout, and a series of fixes for CustomBuild and DirectAdmin.

Full release change log can be found here:

DirectAdmin 1.660

The update should be automatically available for all installations subscribed to the current release channel.

We appreciate all the feedback on forums and issues reported in the ticketing system.

Thanks!

is it just me or is the menu now fixed on the left? it use to disappear? it makes things much smaller in the middle?

is it just me or is the menu now fixed on the left? it use to disappear? it makes things much smaller in the middle?
Same to me. I am checking if I am missing something :D And here is the reason: After this change, sidebar would be always rendered in place for desktop and floating for mobiles/tablets.

Same to me. I am checking if I am missing something :D And here is the reason: After this change, sidebar would be always rendered in place for desktop and floating for mobiles/tablets.
That's an actual nightmare! it's so hard to navigate... @fln can you confirm please??

I had to resort to the old 'icons grid' but it's so boxy... I wish they would make the whole interface more modern and slick :)

Yes, the side menu in Refreshed layout is now always be visible. On small screens menu side bar will collapse into menu but on large screens it will be always shown.

On my 13’ laptop it doesn’t collapse… can we have a button to collapse it like before please? This really seems a step in the wrong direction?

Evolution skin, Refreshed layout: in the dashboard of end user, there is a list of databases. I assume each name will link to each database, but it actually links to each user. Is it a bug?

Reactions: fln
@gate2vn, thanks this is a bug. Dashboard links are linking to general list of DB users due to route structure change, and update will be released to address this.

@Jayjayuk 13" screen should be big enough to fit both the menu and page contents without usability issues.

Thank you for the update. Looks fantastic in mobile with great design options. It's great to have something to be excited about and feel good about choosing DirectAdmin.

@fln I don't understand the point of having the menu fixed, when everything is there on the right hand side in the icons? can we at least hide the menu please?

it seems really backwards to restrict the overall view, it just makes things harder? I hope others agree.

@fln I don't understand the point of having the menu fixed, when everything is there on the right hand side in the icons? can we at least hide the menu please?

it seems really backwards to restrict the overall view, it just makes things harder? I hope others agree.

I would have to agree. While I do have an ultra-wide screen, it's split into 3 areas and the menu takes up 1 3rd of the browser area.
I don't use widgets but icons so it's pointless to have the menu take up so much space.

It should at least have a toggle for those who don't need it fixed.

An update is release to fix the DB links from the widget. Thanks @gate2vn.

@dugalex Refreshed menu has fixed width. On ultra wide screens it takes small space compared to the rest of the page. Maybe you are referring to some other layout? Example screenshot on wide screen:
1709543325938.png

Hi.
After upgrade from 1.59 to 1.60 we have problems with symlinks to our typo3 cores outside from the user home.
(Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible) symlink right are chown -h with user rights.
That problem was in the past fixes with +FollowSymLinks in httpd-directories-old.conf and disable_symlinks off; in nginx-default.conf in custombuild/custom.

With DA 1.60 it dosen't work any more.

Rollback to 1.59 fixed the error.

@Marwen, in DA 1.660 file httpd-directories.conf instead of being symlink to httpd-directories-old.conf is now a normal file. If you had any customizations to the httpd-directories-old.conf file just rename them to the httpd-directories.conf and they should work as before.

@dugalex thanks for clarification. I see it now that I have mixed up the part about three areas vs contents being one third of the windows size. So in your case you do have relatively small window. The menu hide threshold on Refreshed is around 1024px (browsed window width). Window around that size would be small enough for menu to stay visible, but take a substantial amount of space.

Our goal with Refreshed layout is to have persistent menu for quick navigation. If immediate navigation is not a goal maybe Grid layout would work for you.

Thanks for the feedback, we will review the breaking points for Refreshed.

@dugalex thanks for clarification. I see it now that I have mixed up the part about three areas vs contents being one third of the windows size. So in your case you do have relatively small window. The menu hide threshold on Refreshed is around 1024px (browsed window width). Window around that size would be small enough for menu to stay visible, but take a substantial amount of space.

Our goal with Refreshed layout is to have persistent menu for quick navigation. If immediate navigation is not a goal maybe Grid layout would work for you.

Thanks for the feedback, we will review the breaking points for Refreshed.
Grid layout needs some TLC - it’s really boxy and lacks finesse… it would make more sense to make the menu slide left to right when needed? Also it would help removing the bits on the right hand side of the screen.

Back