Directadmin + whmcs or blesta?

dirux

Verified User
Hi,

So... i am trying the DirectAdmin out and everything is relay great with it! - Something I am stuck on is the panel that will handle our of my clients where I looking on both whmcs and blesta. For today I am using the whmcs and directadmin to try this out.

I am in that testing I want to add packages that my client can select and use and here is where I can not coming further. I want for an exempel to create a package where that customers have 20 GB of space, 100 GB of traffic, 100 emails to create and so on. And I want to create a package that I only letting the user to have DNS and nothing else.

I have created a package in the directadmin with unlimited and so and connect this with whmcs but can not create any package with choice?... do I doing something wrong or is this something that I can not do with the directadmin? - I'm confused.... Hop that some in here understand me :)

In DirectAdmin you first need to manually create all the packages you are going to offer your clients. Then you add those packages in WHMCS in "Setup - Products/Services". You then create one product for each corresponding package in DirectAdmin, and when editing the product in WHMCS you select the "Package Name" (what you have named a package in DirectAdmin) in the "Package Name" drop down box in the tab "Module Settings".

Hi,

I have to try to do exactly this but I can't create the package from whmcs :( - Any idea?

Directadmin-dns.png

DNS-Product.png

Log-DNS.png

Make sure the Packages name is spelled exactly the same as in DirectAdmin, and also make sure that the default DirectAdmin server in WHMCS is a server wich have this package in DirectAdmin. Other then that, I think you should post a thread in the WHMCS forum.

Edit: Maybe it does not work with underscore in packages name. You could try renaming the package to "DNSOnly" instead.

I have check all the spelling and all is the same. But - I can only make the reseller in directadmin owner of one package? - Can this maybe be the problem?

Is there some log in directadmin that can tell something about the connection between directadmin and whmcs?

Directadmin_Skärmavbild 2020-01-03 kl. 21.39.14.png

DirecSkärmavbild 2020-01-03 kl. 21.41.27.png

I am not the correct person to help here. Also I use Enhanced skin, so I am not familiar with your images. However, you should create the package in DirectAdmin as admin user, and you should navigate "Reseller Level" and create the package from that level. That is how I have done it.

You could check these logs:
Code:
/var/log/directadmin/system.log
/var/log/directadmin/security.log
/var/log/directadmin/login.log

Hello,

Are there any more details in the logs for the creation failure? Is the server correctly configured in WHMCS?

To provision both shared and reseller servers, you need an account with administrator privledges (admin). To provision just shared, you can use either the admin account or a reseller account (with it's own packages which you create when logged in). What user is provisioning services?

There are seperate sections for "reseller packages" and "user packages". User packages are for shared hosting.

Hi,
So - now the whmcs and directadmin start to communicated and I can create DNS-package, strange but good! But I have a problem to create other packages now? - I get an error like this
Module Command Error
Unable to open ./data/users/<myusername>/packages/custom.pkg for reading.<br> No such file or directory<br>

Good to know is that I have change users that should create all on directadmin to one with root access... I have gone from a reseller to a local admin.

I have to try to find where user packages are but I can only find reseller packages?

Hi,
So - now the whmcs and directadmin start to communicated and I can create DNS-package, strange but good! But I have a problem to create other packages now? - I get an error like this
Module Command Error
Unable to open ./data/users/<myusername>/packages/custom.pkg for reading.<br> No such file or directory<br>

Good to know is that I have change users that should create all on directadmin to one with root access... I have gone from a reseller to a local admin.

I have to try to find where user packages are but I can only find reseller packages?

When logged in as admin you should see "Manage User Packages" under "Account Manager". You can try to search it.

If you do not see that option, double check you are logged in as admin and that there's no reason it would be hidden. (Like customised skin options).

Hi,
Module Command Error

Log in as Admin, switch it to "Reseller Level" - there you can manage User Packages.

Back