Discontinue skin default and power_user

ditto

Verified User
Please consider to discontinue distributing of the skins "default" and "power_user". I see three reasons:

1: New DirectAdmin server admins might try the "default" because of the name, but then get a bad first impression of DirectAdmin because of the skin. But "default" skin is no longer default. Also the "power_user" would not be something I think anybody would like to use anymore.

2: I would never use the "default" and "power_user" skins, and hardly think anybody else would want to. But if I delete them, then they are re-downloaded every time I upgrade DirectAdmin.

3: No reason for DirectAdmin to use valuable time/resources to continue to patch the very old "default" and "power_user" skins, when most likely nobody at all is using them anymore.

Please consider to discontinue distributing of the "default" and "power_user" skins. No need for them to take up any space of our servers anymore. :)

(But please continue to develop/patch "Enhanced", it is a great skin, and we also use it as a base for our custom skin, and need the updates to it, to be able to patch our custom skin.)

Last edited:
+1 for that.

The Enhanced skin is already set by default for many years, even in CB 1.x as far as I remember. I believe this is switched to the new skin now.

The default skin does not look very good.
The enhanced skin is usable, but does not have a modern look.
The power_user skin... I don't think I even had a look at that.

So I would like to adjust this request and change default skin to the new skin of DA which directly gives a good and modern impression. As far as I know it's already installed by default now.
And continue the "Enhanced" skin as a second choice. Or remove the name "default' and just keep the name of the new skin and the enhanced skin.

Good idea Ditto!

Not sure if it's just me, but with the Evo skin, I'm seeing this behaviour with the CB2.0 Plugin..... Of course, it's just with the plugin.... So, for admin stuff I still use enhanced.

Anyone else seeing this?
+1
for admin stuff I still use enhanced.

I have been using the Enhanced skin for the last 15 years, I know it is old....but it is still the skin I prefer:)

I agree,

Plus I would offer the Icons Grid layout by default in all clean new installs of DirectAdmin, I think it would definitely keep a lot of people in and it's just beautiful and makes you feel at home when come from CPanel as well, that's an added plus. ;)

I absolutely agree with the removal of these skins. My suggestion is to deprecate them now and give 6 months till they are removed.

Kevin

Back