DKIM not by default in DirectAdmin? (2019)

wdc

Verified User
Hello, i was having DKIM set in my cpanel account. Now i am on DirectAdmin and can not find the DKIM record in my DNS zone.
But since the domain is Cloudflare protected, DKIM record stays in my cloudflare account.

Should i delete the DKIm record from my cloudflare account since DA does not allow users to setup it?

I seen tutorial DKIM install guide but i do not know if it is up to date and i am just a reseller, not server root admin.

DirectAdmin on server is unknown version to me, possibly latest stable.

Hello,

Whether or not you have DKIM records in DNS they do not break anything until you send not signed emails. They effect only when you send singed emails.

If DKIM is disabled on your server you will need to contact your hoster and ask them to enabled it.

@zEitEr
I am not an expert in this. What are signed e-mails? (lets say i am using directadmin's webmail or a php script sends the e-mail on my behalf - any of these?)
How do i know that DKIM is enabled on the server (not being server admin, and offcourse without asking admin, i want to see if i can use DKIM as i got an impression it can help increase e-mail delivery)?

An average user without knowledge on how to read RFC-headers of an email can not know it without using remote services which analyse emails. Use mail-tester.com for example.

For more details on what is DKIM read http://dkim.org/

Back