Does DA have a Memory Leak problem ?

billmoore

Verified User
I have a redhat 9 machine with 1 gig of ram and 145 sites. the server is not busy, but I notice that almost all available ram is gone.

I reboot the machine and within a day I am down to less than 15% or so of available ram free. I would think that with 1 gig of ram on the server, it should have alot more free. The load on the server averages around 5 - 6 % with occasional spikes..

has anyone else noticed this. I run Top and do not see anything out of the ordinary. Same with netstat.

Thanks

Bill

Check out top again then type 'i' while in top and see if something looks abnormal.

Its only a start but I have not seen DA with a memory leak.

Also, dont forget the fact linux uses the majority of memory while its "idle" and frees it up as its needed...

as an example, I just checked our test box and it is:

Total: 1006
Used: 931

That particular server running 1 inactive site for testing purposes only - with very, very little traffic (no more than 3 uniques per day)

Chris

Chris is correct - it's not unusual for a Linux machine to consume most of it's memory, it's swap that you need to be concerned about. If your swap is very high, something might be wrong. You can use to "free" command to get more memory information.

Back