Don't Delete This Message -- Folder Internal Data

Hello,

The "internal" data was a message used by wu-imapd to store inbox information. It wasn't even really important for wu-imapd.
It has zero relevance for dovecot.
It's completely safe to delete, especially if you're running dovecot.

John

yes, I know
but I some of my customers check mails everyday using imap and then lately with POP3 (for example, webmail with IMAP then download at night with POP3)
and this E-mail comes everytime
anyway to avoid that?

Ah, you're not using dovecot then.
You're still using vm-pop3d + wu-imap.
The reason they're getting the message is because they're using both pop and imap back and forth.. so they check with imap, the data email is created (but hidden). Then they check with pop, which doesn't know about hiding it and it's downloaded.

So you're options are either:
1) tell them to use either pop OR imap (/squirremail uses imap)
2) or upgrade to dovecot and all is solved since it does everything, pop+imap and has non-messsage based data files.

I'd recommend the dovecot upgrade, as it's much better in essentially every way possible ;)

John

oops, you're right
I though I was using dovecot in this server, but it's not

gonna update asap :)

Ah, you're not using dovecot then.
You're still using vm-pop3d + wu-imap.
The reason they're getting the message is because they're using both pop and imap back and forth.. so they check with imap, the data email is created (but hidden). Then they check with pop, which doesn't know about hiding it and it's downloaded.

So you're options are either:
1) tell them to use either pop OR imap (/squirremail uses imap)
2) or upgrade to dovecot and all is solved since it does everything, pop+imap and has non-messsage based data files.

I'd recommend the dovecot upgrade, as it's much better in essentially every way possible ;)

John

Back