Downgrade CB2.0

ericovk

Verified User
Hi,

I am using a server that has been optimized for Magento serving. CB 1.2.41 has been installed on this server. I would like te upgrade to CB2.0 and latest PHP and Apache versions, but my hosting party told me that optimizations have been done in /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/

Does anyone knows if upgrading CB to 2.0 has influince on this folder?
If optimizations are lost, is it possible to downgrade CB to 1.2.41 (by switching folders and running
Code:
./build all n
)?

Hello,

Content of the directory /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/ will survive migration to CB 2.0. Depending on how old are the templates which you have in /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/ and what exactly was added into them, the sites might stop working after migrating to Apache 2.4 which is the only possible Apache version with CB 2.0.

Run this code:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/custom/
diff virtual_host2.conf ../
Code:
virtual_host2_secure.conf ../
Code:
virtual_host2_secure_sub.conf ../
Code:
virtual_host2_sub.conf ../

to see what changed.

is it possible to downgrade CB to 1.2.41

Yes, it is.

I am running into trouble with updating to CB2.0 on this machine. How can I cancel this upgrade and downgrade to CB 1.2.41 again? Is this the right thing to do, or do I make things only worse?

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
mv custombuild custombuild_2.0
mv custombuild_1.x custombuild
cd custombuild
./build
change options.conf back again
Code:
./build all d
./build rewrite_confs

This is kinda CB2.0 update in reverse.

Last edited:
Your steps to downgrade CB to 1.x look fine, though I did not test them, and can not guarantee that you won't run into troubles with them.

What errors do you have with migrating to CB 2.0?

Back