Duplicate Skin Evolution With Another Name

julianojc

I'm a web developer and I also have a reseller hosting using DirectAdmin.

My reseller was cPanel, but the provider changed server and panel, now using DirectAdmin.

In my cPanel reseller I had a package called Rental Plan. In this package, the client didn't have access to the File Manager or to PHPMyAdmin, because he didn't buy my script, he just paid the price of a rent.

I've already researched and found that in DA this is not possible.
However, I noticed that in DA I can configure Skin Evolution and remove links and icons for File Manager and PHPMyAdmin.

99% of my clients are laymen, for this reason, despite the functions still working, even removing the links, only the client who has knowledge of the DA panel would be able to access the functions without the links and icons.

Is it possible to install a new Skin or duplicate Skin Evolution with a different name where I can edit, remove the links and icons of the functions mentioned above and enable this new Skin for rental plan customers?

Please how can I do this?

Thanks.

Probably this can be done if you rename it and then copy it to the correct place, like if you made a custom skin yourself.

I never done this but you can check these links, since you're a dev, you probably can figure it out.

Ahyeah... probably won't work as reseller, you need admin/root access for this.

Probably this can be done if you rename it and then copy it to the correct place, like if you made a custom skin yourself.

I never done this but you can check these links, since you're a dev, you probably can figure it out.

Ahyeah... probably won't work as reseller, you need admin/root access for this.
It worked out!
I created a copy called Evolution2 complete.
I edited Evolution by disabling all the links I didn't want to show to the average user.
Then assign Skin Evolution2 to full packages and Modified Evolution to rental plan packages.
Thanks.

DirectAdmin supports Feature Sets in user-packages to limit the functionality.

Back