e-mail account possible?

mvdgeijn

Verified User
I've searched the forum, but I can't find a recent answer to the question if it's possible to create an e-mail only package as a reseller. I know it's possible to disable PHP, but that still allows the creation of a static website. Can it be done?

Kind regards,
Marc

Hello

Yes that's possible.
Add a new package, then go to feature Sets and click "allow selected".
Then some options open and you can choose e-mail only.
It might be that core functions also are required, but you can test that yourself.

Hello

Yes that's possible.
Add a new package, then go to feature Sets and click "allow selected".
Then some options open and you can choose e-mail only.
It might be that core functions also are required, but you can test that yourself.
Thanks for pointing me to this feature. We are still using the old UI. Do you know if it is possible to use this "new" setting in the API?

I think I found the answer to my own question. Looking at the response when requesting all user packages I see this new parameter being returned by DirectAdmin: ...&feature_sets=core_functions:email_only&... . I guess I can also use this in the command to create or change a user package.

I guess I can also use this in the command to create or change a user package.
That might be the case. Sorry that I can't help you with that, because I don't use API. But I hope what you found will work.
I hope what you found will work for you.

Maybe this provides a bit more information.

Yes ofcourse, that's the default theme nowadays. Enhanced does not get extra features anymore. But maybe via api it works because it's all settings which are changed somewhere.

Back