eAccelerator & memcached sorry if dubble post

djtamse.eu

Verified User
i have been looking evry where on the page, or i have might not found the right thread, but i can't find any usable guides on how to install eAccelerator or memcached for debian 6 32bit can any one be able to assist me with a guide for directadmin ofcurse :),any help is much apprichiated im sorry , if its whrong thread to post and if its dubble post i have searched on google with directadmin in the search but none usable guide there as well i might just be looking at it wrong i hope some one can help me thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:
You should use APC, eAccelerator hasn't been updated for years. APC will also be the default caching mechanism in PHP 6.

You can use any of available tutorials to install eaccelerator to DA server, basically you have to unpack and compile eAcc files and add eAcc config to php.ini, same applies to memcache support... just install memcached via package system and then download and install php memcache module http://www.php.net/manual/en/memcache.installation.php and ofcourse you need to load memcache module in php.ini (you can also install memcache via pecl command pecl install memcache which would do all changes automatically)

Error:

[root@server ~]# pecl install memcache
downloading memcache-2.2.6.tgz ...
Starting to download memcache-2.2.6.tgz (35,957 bytes)
..........done: 35,957 bytes
11 source files, building
running: phpize
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version: 20041225
Zend Module Api No: 20060613
Zend Extension Api No: 220060519
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the
$PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable. Then, rerun this script.

ERROR: `phpize' failed

Any fix for this?

Back