Email Account Send Limit Errors

krackerjax

I've attempted to create an email address on a domain, however, have run into a couple errors (or possible bug). I first tried to enter 0 for the send limit. I received the error of: "You cannot set an unlimited send limit."

I found this very odd considering there's the following message by the send limit: "Zero is unlimited. Blank will default to 200" Why say that 0 is considered unlimited if DirectAdmin doesn't allow one to set 0?

I then tried entering a number like 1000. I got an error saying: "Please set a limit between 1 and 200." If the max is 200 then why not mention this? What makes this exceedingly annoying is that when that error occurs, it's not a simple error that appears while keeping all the info entered. When the error occurs and one clicks the back button, everything entered is erased. Therefore, it's very annoying encountering these error messages that clear out all that's been entered.

What skin are you using?
Have you set a limit for the specifc user (not talking about email address, but the user who own the domain in directadmin)?

Regards

Some good info here:
https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=514

There are 2 global limits:
1) Per-DA-User limit:
/etc/virtual/limit

2) Per-email account limit:
/etc/virtual/user_limit

Both can be set at:
Admin Level -> Admin Settings

The value you'd be interested in would be
Max limit User can set per E-Mail = -1

Where -1 means the value a User can set in their E-Mail limit would be the global limit in /etc/virtual/user_limit.
That's likely set to 200 right now.

What you want would either:
Max limit User can set per E-Mail = 0

or:
Max limit User can set per E-Mail = 1000

so that new email accounts still default to 200 (if blank or unset), but allows the User to go up to 1000 is needed (sends can't go above DA User limit though).

John

Back