email piping w/intellodesk

lazydaytech

I have gone through ever post on the forum here about piping emails and belive I have the piping set up corect.

In my /etc/virtual/domain/aliases I have the following set up:
Code:
billing: "|/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/USERNAME/domains/DOMAIN.COM/public_html/support/emailpipe.php "

I have run that via the command line to see if any errors pop up and no errors display. Where I am running into the problem is when I send a email to billing I get a Mail deliver failed email back:

Code:
pipe to |/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/USERNAME/domains/DOMAIN.COM/public_html/support/emailpipe.php
    generated by [email][email protected][/email]
    local delivery failed

I have the billing email set up in Intellodesk to recive email through piping. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Ok sent a email and watched the mainlog for errors and this is what came up - I have no idea what it means so hoping someone here does and can help out.

2006-05-10 21:29:41 1Fe0vt-0004rj-1n <= [email protected] H=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx.mpls.qwest.net ([127.0.0.1]) [xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] P=esmtpa A=plain:[email protected] S=713 [email protected] T="another" from <[email protected]> for [email protected]
2006-05-10 21:29:41 1Fe0vt-0004rj-1n ** |/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/USERID/domains/DOMAIN.com/public_html/support/emailpipe.php <[email protected]> F=<[email protected]> R=virtual_aliases_nostar T=virtual_address_pipe: Child process of virtual_address_pipe transport returned 255 (could mean shell command ended by signal 127 (Unknown signal 127)) from command: /usr/local/bin/php
2006-05-10 21:29:41 1Fe0vt-0004rp-D7 <= <> R=1Fe0vt-0004rj-1n U=mail P=local S=1675 T="Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender" from <> for [email protected]
2006-05-10 21:29:41 1Fe0vt-0004rj-1n Completed
2006-05-10 21:29:41 1Fe0vt-0004rp-D7 => jon <[email protected]> F=<> R=virtual_user T=virtual_localdelivery S=1773
2006-05-10 21:29:41 1Fe0vt-0004rp-D7 Completed

I would not recommend any company waste ANY money on Intellodesk Pro. I am so glad I bought it second hand and

I feel *really* sorry for companies that are spending $300 (full price) on this software. On top of spending $300, you can’t even see the code, it’s all encoded, so when you buy a lifetime license, it’s not really lifetime because the software still calls home, and at any given time they can terminate your license if you bad mouth them, or act snotty…etc…

(*) The code is terrible and because they use “Ajax” it’s very slow to load tickets and I can’t imagine what a dialup customer goes though trying to open a ticket

(*) Their support is VERY poor. During “the turn of the new year” they often took more than 3 days to respond to a ticket.

(*) They refuse to help you if you act in anyway unless you have a “You’re a god, help me with your knowledge” manner, which seems to me it’s a 1 man show (Jason someone always answers their tickets)…

(*) Moved the desk to a DirectAdmin and have yet to get their piping system to work right

(*) it’s a VERY basic helpdesk, if you’re looking for rich features of say kayako, you’re not going to find them in Intellodesk, you can’t even require additional fields, so if you require say a phone number so you can call your customer back, well first off it additional fields won’t even show up for customers, and 2nd they are not ‘required’ so a customer can simply open a ticket and say “help me.” And you have no idea who that customer is, what their phone number, if they are even a customer of yours and why they want help in the 1st place!

Thank you for sharing your experience with email piping and Intellodesk. I've been using DirectAdmin for a while now, but I haven't tried email piping yet. It's great to know that it's possible to integrate it with Intellodesk and automate support tickets. I have a few questions, though. How reliable is email piping in terms of receiving and processing incoming emails? Have you encountered any issues with spam or false positives🤔 Also, how do you handle attachments and formatting in the support tickets? I appreciate any insights or tips you can share.

Thanks again for the helpful post!

Back