Email Quota not resetting, Traffic stats not updating and Backups not running

justal

Hello,
My hosting company has recently moved my reseller account from cPanel to DirectAdmin. All was working OK after some initial teething problems but then in mid March problems started to occur. The issues I'm having (that my hosting company claim they are unable to fix) are:
  1. Email quotas on email accounts are not resetting after an hour. This means that an account that has a quota of 150 emails per hour (the default) can actually only send 150 emails in total. If someone sends 10 emails per day from an account this means that the quota is reached within 15 days and I have to contact the hosting company to increase the quota before they can send any more emails.
  2. Traffic stats are not updating. It seems as though the stats are being recorded but the stats (Awstats) within Direct Admin don't get updated so no one can actually see their traffic stats as they all show zero visits.
  3. Account Backups (via Reseller Tools within the DirectAdmin Control Panel) aren’t working. Scheduled backups don't run and ones that are scheduled to run ‘now’ don't run either.
Does anyone have any suggestions that I can make to my hosting company to point them in the right direction to fix these issues? My suspicion is that they may be related to problems with cron jobs as I imagine all of the above are triggered by cron jobs - The email quotas should reset every hour and don’t, the traffic stats should update at regular intervals and don’t, scheduled backups are triggered by cron jobs and these don't run.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Al.

1. There is only daily limit.
2. They must rebuild Awstats
3. Looks like they enabled backup limit for day time, or something with cron, or with free space/quota.
All this must be repaired by their hands, as admins, with SSH access.

Thanks for your replies... I don't seem to have access to /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue (I can't even see a 'usr' directory when I access the sites via FTP) so I'll send that info to the hosting company to see if it helps them.

All was fine until the middle of March and then these problems all started. Since then there have been loads of emails, support tickets and chats between myself and the hosting companies support team but they don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of the issues. The say they have been in contact with DirectAdmin and are awaiting a fix from them but as things seem to be working OK for everyone else I don't think that is the answer, and have a suspicion that it is probably something simple that they have overlooked.

I'll send them the info about the task.queue

Thanks,
Alan.

Back