emails being forwarded to a gmail account

chamex

Hi all,

I am very new to directadmin and recently started a new job where i noticed this email behaviour. It seems that somehow emails are being forwarded to a gmail address.
I have blurred our domain and email adresses for privacy reasons.
So far i have reset the DirectAdmin password but that didnt make it stop. The authentication being used seems to be using the same account.

Could anyone please advise me how I would go about to finding how this is happening and how to make it stop?

Thank you!

musk.png

Hello, if its happening for one account check if there is email forward is set for account.
Login to domain account -> Email Manager -> Forwarders

If there is entry for this email account and you want to stop it just delete the entry.

Yes, this could be an forward but if you cant find any forward then see my topic about an similar problem here

Hi, Thank you for your replies!
There are forwarders but none are to this gmail account.
The authentication used for sending the emails is the same as the admin account i use to login to the directadmin portal..
Makes me wonder if there's a leak on the webmail server or maybe wordpress.. But I did change the password recently..
I dont know how to run the commands in your topic Active8..
We are the customer and most likely i am using a user account. The CMS company we use isnt being very helpful.

Makes me wonder if there's a leak on the webmail server or maybe wordpress.. But I did change the password recently..
I dont know how to run the commands in your topic Active8..
I am afraid that your problem is the same as mine then
Please forward my link to your provider and ask them to run it for you

Will do, thank you very much! Have to add though, that not all email is being forwarded. Only for certain accounts and it seems to be trying to fwd email on behalf external people/companies who have emailed us.. Like the facebook or aol senders in the screenshot.

Last edited:
@Active8 ...and also some of our own users as well. I have checked their outlook/webmail for forwards but found none. Previously our provider has turned off PHP mail in Wordpress through a plugin.

Back