Error in exim.dkim.conf?

JGWeb

Hello!

After a update with CB email didn't got signed with DKIM anymore. So the search begon..

In SMTP Out from a domain name i was sending a email from, i found the following error:

failed to expand dkim_domain: unknown lookup type "lsearch,ret=key"

So i went to exim.dkim.conf and found the following code:
dkim_domain = ${if eq{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}{}{$primary_hostname}{${lookup{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}lsearch,ret=key{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}}}

I replaced this with:
dkim_domain = $sender_address_domain

Saved it, restarted exim and everything is functioning again.

So.. a bug?

Version of exim.conf is 4.5.23

Hello!

After a update with CB email didn't got signed with DKIM anymore. So the search begon..

In SMTP Out from a domain name i was sending a email from, i found the following error:

failed to expand dkim_domain: unknown lookup type "lsearch,ret=key"

So i went to exim.dkim.conf and found the following code:
dkim_domain = ${if eq{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}{}{$primary_hostname}{${lookup{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}lsearch,ret=key{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}}}

I replaced this with:
dkim_domain = $sender_address_domain

Saved it, restarted exim and everything is functioning again.

So.. a bug?

Version of exim.conf is 4.5.23
No, it is not a bug. Your version of config would be incompatible with exim 4.94.

Oh my god, thank you. I had a custom exim version set. It has to be monday.

Again thank you!

No, it is not a bug. Your version of config would be incompatible with exim 4.94.
Hi, Martynas. I wonder if you would recommend to change the setting for dkim back to its original line ( dkim_domain = ${if eq{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}{}{$primary_hostname}{${lookup{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}lsearch,ret=key{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}}} ) if we would update Exim back to 4.94?
Or would you suggest just to leave: dkim_domain = $sender_address_domain ?

That will be important for me, when I'll somehoe manage to solve this issue, that did not went away since last July... https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...ly-after-reboot-does-not-send-mail-bug.61788/

Thank You.

Hi, Martynas. I wonder if you would recommend to change the setting for dkim back to its original line ( dkim_domain = ${if eq{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}{}{$primary_hostname}{${lookup{${lc:${domain:$h_from:}}}lsearch,ret=key{/etc/virtual/domainowners}{$value}}}} ) if we would update Exim back to 4.94?
Or would you suggest just to leave: dkim_domain = $sender_address_domain ?

That will be important for me, when I'll somehoe manage to solve this issue, that did not went away since last July... https://forum.directadmin.com/threa...ly-after-reboot-does-not-send-mail-bug.61788/

Thank You.
Default config should work just fine there.

Back