Error : Your DirectAdmin version is older than minimal required ...

in dashboard it says :

This is an automated message notifying you that an error has occurred while trying to update the software.
The generated error message is as follows:

Unable to connect to 216.144.255.179

Unable to connect to secure socket: Some I/O error occurred. The OpenSSL error queue may contain more information on the error. If the error queue is empty (i.e. ERR_get_error() returns 0), ret can be used to find out more about the error: If ret == 0, an EOF was observed that violates the protocol. If ret == -1, the underlying BIO reported an I/O error (for socket I/O on Unix systems, consult errno for details).

Unable to connect to 192.169.82.155

Unable to connect to secure socket: Some I/O error occurred. The OpenSSL error queue may contain more information on the error. If the error queue is empty (i.e. ERR_get_error() returns 0), ret can be used to find out more about the error: If ret == 0, an EOF was observed that violates the protocol. If ret == -1, the underlying BIO reported an I/O error (for socket I/O on Unix systems, consult errno for details).

Unable to connect to 66.51.122.131

Error restoring file /usr/local/directadmin/update.tar.gz :
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
/bin/tar: Child returned status 1
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
: tar returned error code 2

Try updating manually: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=29

Please contact JBMC-Software, including the error message. Failure to do so could result in an inactive control panel.

maybe anybody can help me.. i have the same problem, but a little bit more complicated.

My DirectAdmin says License expired. i tried all step to recover the working license, but nothing work. the new license system can no be used, because i need do update directadmin at first..but this also dont work:

OS is CentOS 8

Resolving www.directadmin.com (www.directadmin.com)... 167.172.23.237
Connecting to www.directadmin.com (www.directadmin.com)|167.172.23.237|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: nginx
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 07:55:47 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Vary: Accept-Encoding
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Referrer-Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Set-Cookie: da_ver=1.643; expires=Sat, 01-Oct-2022 08:00:47 GMT; Max-Age=300; secure; HttpOnly; SameSite=Strict
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=e8abe065691e419985c8f111e0701f3b; expires=Sun, 09-Oct-2022 07:55:47 GMT; Max-Age=691200; path=/; secure; HttpOnly; SameSite=Strict
Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
2022-10-01 09:55:48 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Error downloading the update.tar.gz file

maybe anybody can help me.. i have the same problem, but a little bit more complicated.

My DirectAdmin says License expired. i tried all step to recover the working license, but nothing work. the new license system can no be used, because i need do update directadmin at first..but this also dont work:

OS is CentOS 8

Resolving www.directadmin.com (www.directadmin.com)... 167.172.23.237
Connecting to www.directadmin.com (www.directadmin.com)|167.172.23.237|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: nginx
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 07:55:47 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Vary: Accept-Encoding
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Referrer-Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Set-Cookie: da_ver=1.643; expires=Sat, 01-Oct-2022 08:00:47 GMT; Max-Age=300; secure; HttpOnly; SameSite=Strict
Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=e8abe065691e419985c8f111e0701f3b; expires=Sun, 09-Oct-2022 07:55:47 GMT; Max-Age=691200; path=/; secure; HttpOnly; SameSite=Strict
Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
2022-10-01 09:55:48 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Error downloading the update.tar.gz file
Did you try “Manual update using CLI commands” from the docs url mentioned above?

Hmm, it actually depends on directadmin version that the server runs.
I had different errors with the manual update as the syntax was slightly different.

For example, the old version of it required manual CID and LID to be entered:
Code:
# /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh
Usage:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh <cid> <lid> [<ip>]

definitons:
  cid: Client ID
  lid: License ID
  ip:  your server IP (only needed when wrong ip is used to get the update.tar.gz file)
example: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh 999 9876

Or a little newer version had "auto" part in there:
Code:
 # /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh
Usage:
    This will get the 'currrent' channel
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto

or:
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto alpha
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto beta
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto current
    /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh auto stable

or:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh <cid> <lid> [<ip>]

definitons:
  cid: Client ID
  lid: License ID
  ip:  your server IP (only needed when wrong ip is used to get the update.tar.gz file)
example: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/getDA.sh 999 9876

So the bullet proof way would be to execute the getDA.sh without arguments first to see what it expects.
Worked for me!

One of our old CentOS 7.9 machine had this License Expired error as well and running this CLI as root helps:

Code:
CHANNEL=current                                                                                             # can be one of: alpha, beta, current, stable
OS_SLUG=linux_amd64                                                                                         # can be: linux_amd64, rhel8_amd64, rhel7_amd64, debian10_amd64, ...
COMMIT=$(dig +short -t txt "$CHANNEL-version.directadmin.com" | sed 's|.*commit=\([0-9a-f]*\).*|\1|')       # can be commit hash literal value if you want specific build to be installed
FILE="directadmin_${COMMIT}_${OS_SLUG}.tar.gz"                                                              # creates download package name from the variables above

curl --location --progress-bar --connect-timeout 10 "https://download.directadmin.com/${FILE}" --output "/root/${FILE}"   # downloads given directadmin build into /root dir
tar xzf "/root/${FILE}" -C /usr/local/directadmin                                                                         # extracts downloaded package to /usr/local/directadmin
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin permissions || true                                                                    # runs post-upgrade permission fix step
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/update.sh                                                                                  # runs other post upgrade fixes
service directadmin restart                                                                      # restarts directadmin

Source: https://docs.directadmin.com/directadmin/general-usage/updating-da.html

Back