everything down!

neorder

Verified User
:eek: :eek:

i made a mistake yesterday, i ran redhat 9, yesterday night i did a up2date and that was a huge mistake!

the up2date updated my apache to 2.0! after that my DA stopped responding. so i logged in SSH and rebuild customapache, and luckily everything went fine.

BUT, when this morning i woke up, i found i can't ssh my server anymore, then i found ftp is down as well, no email...everything is down expect httpd, so all websites on my server are still running...

i tried reboot the server, still can't ssh, OMG, i die... :confused:

what can i do now...no ssh...telnet was blocked by my apf firewall as well...who can help me...:(

I presume you've tried a reeboot.

If you can't ssh or telnet in, then the only option is to boot the system locally using a local monitor/kb combination, fix your firewall to allow both telnet and ssh sessions, restart sshd as/if necessary.

Depending on why ssh went down, what may have happened, and what else up2date may have updated, you may have to reinstall DA.

Jeff

i found the problem, it's my server firewall block me out. that was why i can't reach those services.

it would be nice if directadmin can make a list that what are the services that can be up2dated, and what are not.

thanks jlasman.

can directadmin consider make a list for what are the software should be up2dated? looks like i'm not the only one who made this kinda of mistake.

here is the thread i made at WHT.

thanks.link's here

when I did something similar (yum update/upgrade) I ran into the same thing. Had to reinstall apache using the DA scripts. When I emailed support about it, they included the following skip list...

There should be a skip list:

/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
pkgSkipList=kernel*;apache*;httpd**;mod_*;mysql*;MySQL*;da_*;*ftp*;exim*;sendmail*;php*;

Just follow those rules and you should be fine :) (you can remove kernel from the skip list if you need to)

Back