Evolution skin Icon Grid slow on internet access 200kb/sec

jwn

Verified User
Hi,

I have some complaint from my user, since migrating from cPanel to DA. Populer issue slow access for themes evolution if change to icon grid with low internet connection.

Example i test with connection 200kb/sec can open full page after login about 24 - 30 sec. Access cPanel full page after login just about 4 to 8 sec :(

Developer need to know what they create, not only creating skin but need good code and minimize any unused js & css.

Another issue from my end also for pre loading image making long again login to da.

Yes, it's slow if the internet speed is not good. We got same complaint from customer.

Subsequent requests should be much faster than the compared panel, as it just loads a couple of bytes/kilobyes of json then, aren’t they? It is the initial loading which needs to load the single page app. It should be drastically improved with gzip support in future releases :)

Subsequent requests should be much faster than the compared panel, as it just loads a couple of bytes/kilobyes of json then, aren’t they? It is the initial loading which needs to load the single page app. It should be drastically improved with gzip support in future releases :)

Event using gzip and after chached, access not really diferrent.

Pre-loader also making hang on slow internet, removing pre-loader more provitable. It' can says fast if internet connection minimum 1mbps/sec. May call request da function fast it's ok, but for skin JS,CSS,IMAGE structure need improvement. You can compare speed access control panel from your end, from my end test with 200kb/sec browser connection => vestacp 2-3sec, cPanel 3-5sec, plesk 8-10sec, then directadmin above 20 sec.

Need expert developers to re-structure skin evolution :mad:

Event using gzip and after chached, access not really diferrent.

Pre-loader also making hang on slow internet, removing pre-loader more provitable. It' can says fast if internet connection minimum 1mbps/sec. May call request da function fast it's ok, but for skin JS,CSS,IMAGE structure need improvement. You can compare speed access control panel from your end, from my end test with 200kb/sec browser connection => vestacp 2-3sec, cPanel 3-5sec, plesk 8-10sec, then directadmin above 20 sec.

Need expert developers to re-structure skin evolution :mad:

How did you make gzip enabled? DirectAdmin as a service on :2222 has no support for it yet.

Regarding the speeds - may you let us know the results from subsequent requests? As I guess you may be having same 2-10sec for subsequent requests there, but <1s on DA side. Regarding initial one - I agree it's slow on 200kb/sec connection, and gzip is one of the ways we'll be improving it.

Back