Evolution skin not loading for 1 user, rest work

hucon

Verified User
Hi,

I'm running DA 1.60.4 and I have a strange situation. I have switched to Evolution skin as being the default. All works fine for the almost 100 users on the server, except for 1. This one user is small. Has just 4 domains etc. but when he tries to logon or when I select his user and click "login as ..." it shows an animated DA logo (load logo) and never continues.

I have googled, was thrown to the user.conf. Have compared it with other users and replaced the values in the file that were different to have it absolutely the same. Didn't work.

If I go into the user's settings as admin and change his skin back to any other than evolution, all works well.

What could this be?

check the perms on that user

at the very bottom of the user.conf is there a blank line? if not add one.

May you try pre-release binaries of DirectAdmin to see if that changes something? It's likely skin_customizations/evolution/user_options.json related (in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user folder)

check the perms on that user

at the very bottom of the user.conf is there a blank line? if not add one.

Yes, there is a blank line in the bottom of user.conf and contents looks very much ok compared with other users.

Permissions on file-system are also ok, compared to other users that do open.

May you try pre-release binaries of DirectAdmin to see if that changes something? It's likely skin_customizations/evolution/user_options.json related (in /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user folder)

I just tried the pre-release and it didn't change anything for this user. I'm really stuck, is there some way to put some debug stuff on on this skin? I don't really want to create a new user and move his domains etc. all there. Not sure if that would fix for starters, and also the invoicing etc. is hooked up to the current user. Would have to change quite a bunch.

You pointed me into the right direction though :) I've found the issue. It turned out that there was a : too many in the user_options.json. FIxed the file and it works now. Not sure how it ended up there though.

Anyone here know where DA store Dark Mode setting from Skin Options? Some settings normally I found it is saved in here:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/skin_customizations/evolution/user_options.json

example if route transition is disabled from the Skin Options, DA would store this option for specific user above:

Code:
{"da:options/skin/disable-route-transitions":"false"}

But for Dark Mode it did not store in user_options.json. Does DA use normal browser session for storing dark mode setting ?

I ran DA in debug mode, and didn't see any output when changing the Dark Mode Setting

Back