Exclude from Backups

netmotiv8

Verified User
Hi,

I would like to see admin backups being able to exclude users from the nightly backups we run.

We have a number of customer which always fail on the FTP as they are over the 2Gb limit (this issue has been raised elsewhere on these forums) etc and would rather handle these differently rather than have to keep receiving backup error messages

Currently you can only select all and then deselect users from backup. But in deselecting certain users you then have to remember add new users to the back as and when they signup.

Have I made my request clear enough?

:confused:

Neil.

I would also love to see such a feature!

Something like: "backup all, except for thisone and thatone" (in my case, backup all except 'admin'). That way if new users are added I wouldn't have to remember to add them to the cron backup job, just like netmotiv8 suggested.

Maybe this could be implemented by adding a radio button labeled "Only selected accounts" or "All except selected accounts", with the default being "Only selected accounts" (so that this option would be backwards compatible with existing backup crons).

Last edited:
The way it's done now the coding is very simple.

The way you're asking for it the coding becomes quite complex.

It's an interesting request :) .

Jeff

Back