Exim configuration from cPanel?

jdn1976

Verified User
Hello, I have a cPanel server and I want to import/copy the exim configuration on this server to the new server with DirectAdmin.
Is is possible to make this or I need to setup all the rules manually?

If possible, how to import to DA?

Well, I try here to copy exim.conf from cpanel server to DA server, but did not worked after I restart exim, gives an error.
I needed to restore the default configuration of exim that was on DA.
Any ideas? I ask this because I want to transfer accounts from cpanel server to DA server but leave configurations the most like it is on cpanel, in order to not give configuration problems to send or receive on outlook software.

I don't know how to import special Exim stuff or if there is even special stuff in cPanel.

If you just install Exim and exim.conf 4.5.x via custombuild, then normally you don't need any special things in Exim.
I got several customers with Outlook software, like Outlook 2013 also, which is working fine.
The only issue is that maybe on ancient Outlook software, it does not support TLS 1.2 In that case you can either make adjustments in DA or teach your customers to enable TLS 1.2 or just let them connect to port 110 and 587 without tls/ssl which is also a possibility.

Now this leaves the Office365 stuff, which is managed in the customer section of DNS itself. Set external server, change dropdown to Office365 and DNS for this is setup automatically.

So if you have special wishes, it might be better to name exactly what you need as normal outlook software is working without problems.

Back