exim ip rotation every 15 minutes

runlike

Hi I have 3 ip on my vps expamle:xxx.xxx.xxx.x10 xxx.xxx.xxx.x16 xxx.xxx.xxx.x25

how can I rotate these ips every 15 minutes?

@runlike,

You don't say what you're trying to rotate IP#s for. If for sending email you can do it by making three copies of exim.conf (see other posts on this forum to see how to send email from other IP#s besides the main server IP), rotating between them, and then restarting exim.

If for receiving email, use very small TTLs, and note that connectivity will probably break, because many ISPs won't change honor very small TTLs.

Note you'll need rDNS for all IP#s identifying your hostname to get your email accepted.

If you plan on spamming from this server note that over time (probably less than a day) the multiple IP#s will all get on anti-spam blocklists (including those used by default on your DirectAdmin managed server), and then eventually the entire /24 will be blocked, and your upstream will be very upset (to say the least).

Jeff

Hi,

We publish daily announcements on our Life annuity sales site, and our visitors can subscribe to receive our Newsletters, new announcements, alerts and information ...

Our mailing system is EXIM4, and it has been running for 7 years with a single IP address. With the rise of our activities, our EXIM4 server is sending more and more emails, and the queue becomes huge, often with emails waiting for more than 7 hours.

We are therefore looking to configure multiple IP addresses to send.

For the moment the idea is to test with 2 addresses, but we cannot find a way to configure this.

It seems that a Perl module can be activated on EXIM4, but only during installation, during Build.

I also don't see how to proceed with scripts or CRON to play with 2 configuration files.

Could you guide me?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

I might be missing something, but how does adding more IP addresses cause Exim to send out mails faster?

Also: What does this have to do with the original post from 2011?

it's a question of deliverability.

When my Exim4 server send 500 emails to Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo ect ... clients, the clients servers end up putting my domain name (and therefore my IP) on hold for 3 or 4 hours. This blocks my mails in the queue.
After conducting research, the solution that appears is to use several Domain / IPs with a rotation system to limit this kind of blocking which prevents my customers from receiving their email confirming registration to my site: https://www.costes-viager.com/

but I am totally stuck on the technical solution to adopt to proceed with this IP rotation.

Unintentionally restarting Exim4 is not specific to our production environment, especially since a GO application needs to be link with Exims to communicate the emails to send ...

About what this have to do with the original post from 2011,

The Main was about Exim4 IP rotation every 15 min, and this is what i want to do :D

Hi,

We publish daily announcements on our Life annuity sales site, and our visitors can subscribe to receive our Newsletters, new announcements, alerts and information ...

Our mailing system is EXIM4, and it has been running for 7 years with a single IP address. With the rise of our activities, our EXIM4 server is sending more and more emails, and the queue becomes huge, often with emails waiting for more than 7 hours.

We are therefore looking to configure multiple IP addresses to send.

For the moment the idea is to test with 2 addresses, but we cannot find a way to configure this.

It seems that a Perl module can be activated on EXIM4, but only during installation, during Build.

I also don't see how to proceed with scripts or CRON to play with 2 configuration files.

Could you guide me?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Please start a new thread this post is 10yo.

If you need better deliverability for newsletters and business marketing look at https://sendy.co.

It would / should take seconds/min to send 500 emails. If your server setup is 7 years old you should look at updating it so it performs better.
If you need help for server admin look here https://directadmin.com/extras-consulting.php

it's a question of deliverability.

When my Exim4 server send 500 emails to Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo ect ... clients, the clients servers end up putting my domain name (and therefore my IP) on hold for 3 or 4 hours. This blocks my mails in the queue.
After conducting research, the solution that appears is to use several Domain / IPs with a rotation system to limit this kind of blocking which prevents my customers from receiving their email confirming registration to my site: https://www.costes-viager.com/

but I am totally stuck on the technical solution to adopt to proceed with this IP rotation.

Unintentionally restarting Exim4 is not specific to our production environment, especially since a GO application needs to be link with Exims to communicate the emails to send ...

Look into setting up an external relay with ZoneMTA. You'll be thankful you did because swapping IPs in exim config and reloading isn't going to be a satisfactory long term solution. That was actually the first iteration of MXroute outbound, swapping exim IP on a cron job.

Back