Exiscan + ClamAV

Yes, they worked for me, although it took me some time to figure out that DA's exim rpms already come with exiscan...

Okay I've downloaded the new version of exim, but how do i go about installing it over the old version.

Do i just run

# rpm -Uvh <rpm>

or something like

# update

how do i drop all the messages that contain viruses. i do not want to notify sender or receiptent.

didnt work

exim restarted ok but now when i try to send an email i get a message on thunderbird from the smtp server saying tempoary local problem please check the messsage and try sending again. :confused:

edit nvm rebooting server seems to have solved that :cool:

dannygoh said:
how do i drop all the messages that contain viruses. i do not want to notify sender or receiptent.
VirusBlocker, now in completion stage, will do that.

Jeff

as clam av is free anyway i think this should be standard with directadmin

i dont think my spam assasin is working not sure if setting this up caused that or wether or not it was working in the first place :confused:

dragon2611 said:
as clam av is free anyway i think this should be standard with directadmin
Once VirusBlocker is completed I will offer it to DA at no cost, as I did SpamBlocker. Should they implement it, as they did SpamBlocker, then ClamAV will be free for anyone who wants to use it.

Jeff

Hello,

I just upgraded exim to 4.43 and ready for install exiscan & clamav. when i want to patch the exim. i got a problem.

Enter the exim source directory, and apply the
patch file like this:

patch -p1 < /path/to/exiscan-acl-4.14-02.patch

Where is the "source directory"? Thanks.
:D

Hello

I just setup the clamav and seems work fine. But it that possible keep the email send to the receipent with label? Clamav seems remove the inflected email exactly.

Curtis said:
Hello

I just setup the clamav and seems work fine. But it that possible keep the email send to the receipent with label? Clamav seems remove the inflected email exactly.

If you mean remove the virus and then send the email with a note appended that the virus was removed i would like to know how to do this also.

dragon2611 said:
If you mean remove the virus and then send the email with a note appended that the virus was removed i would like to know how to do this also.
Same here :)

Haven't found it in the config files.

Also,

Is it true that e-mails take about 5 minutes from the scanner to traverse into the mailboxes? Or am I being paranoid....

TIA

RoRoo

Same here

Thats strange. Thats exactly the thing I wanted to get away from. Users actually complained to us about all the email virus warnings they receive. They would rather not get any. If you want to see that its working you can look at the log files and/or have MRTG graph its performance. If you are concerned about blocking a legitiment email in that rare case the sending MTA 'should' alert the sender of the reject. Test this your self to be sure. Usually the sending MTA is a virus and will just go onto the next victim though.

Is it true that e-mails take about 5 minutes from the scanner to traverse into the mailboxes? Or am I being paranoid....

Thats not true at all. Messages seem to go through almost instantly for me. There are other settings in Exim that can affect delivery time that are not related to virus scanning. Look through your Exim config file.

Matthew

hci said:
Thats strange. Thats exactly the thing I wanted to get away from. Users actually complained to us about all the email virus warnings they receive. They would rather not get any. If you want to see that its working you can look at the log files and/or have MRTG graph its performance. If you are concerned about blocking a legitiment email in that rare case the sending MTA 'should' alert the sender of the reject. Test this your self to be sure. Usually the sending MTA is a virus and will just go onto the next victim though.

Thats not true at all. Messages seem to go through almost instantly for me. There are other settings in Exim that can affect delivery time that are not related to virus scanning. Look through your Exim config file.

Matthew

i'll monitor the performance for a few days..
thanks

jlasman said:
Once VirusBlocker is completed I will offer it to DA at no cost, as I did SpamBlocker. Should they implement it, as they did SpamBlocker, then ClamAV will be free for anyone who wants to use it.

Jeff

THANKS JEFF.

Back