External login page for all servers

ditto

Verified User
We are currently using a modified version of this script: https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=61 so that our customers can login from one single place. We have modified the script so that all our shared hosting servers is in a drop down box, so customer can select wich server they want to login to.

However it would be great if DirectAdmin developers can make it possible for us to have one login form wich do not require the customer to select wich server to login to, but instead that the form would use the API and/or multiserver setup to lookup the user name on all our servers, so that the customer would only need to type in user name and password and would automatically login to the correct server.

Please post a reply if you also would like this feature to be implemented, and hopefully this is something DirectAdmin developers can make possible for us to do in the future.

I withdraw this feature request. Because I got to think about that the "admin" user name is the same on all servers, so this feature request would not be possible, as it would require that the user name is different on all servers

It would still work for your clients, just not for you as the admin. Many billing systems already have this though.

Then it would be needed that the new external login form (wich check the user name on all servers), would not block or remove the regular login at serverhostname.tld:2222 - so that admin could use that login instead. Ok, then I withdraw my withdrawal of this feature request. :)

You could have a flat file associating the username with the correct server and then have the script query this file (or database) for the correct server. The user enters their name and password then your script queries the file and sends them to the correct server.

Back