External Mysql Server

hmniels

Verified User
Heya Directadmin forum,

Quick question: im about to change my directadmin server approach with an external mysql server setup.
I was wondering when using an external mysql server, if the normal "system" backup through the admin backup/ transfer still makes full backup's incl. the mysql database ? Any information would be really appreciated!

If you are asking will DA server #1 backup the sql data on SQLserver #2. No it won't. You will have to create your own backup plan for the SQL server.

Yes, that was indeed the question. So restoring the backup will also be a custom job i guess?
Thanks for the quick reply!

Just as DA cannot create a database on a remote server it also cannot backup or restore on a remote server.

Just as DA cannot create a database on a remote server it also cannot backup or restore on a remote server.
Why it can't if it has all identical access to remote server as for local?

I guess floyd meant if individual accounts want to use external mysql's?

Actually I didn't know it could use external mysql servers at all but yes I thought about being able to switch between the two different servers as well. With this method you would be committed to using the one external mysql server. If I were wanting to do this I would want to be able to switch between several mysql servers.

I think it's not hard to add additional credentials to config + NAME-field to describe server, and install another instances on separate ports or separate servers. So You will be able to use MariaDB, Mysql, Postgres etc. also it may be configured by custombuild like few PHP-versions (maybe nearest future).

Back