Fedora 2 Installation

hci

Verified User
Anyone have some step by step directions for installing Fedora Linux 2 to support Directadmin? I am just wandering what packages and install options should be selected. I would like the unneeded stuff all left out but am unsure whats needed and unneeded.

Also, I am setting this up on a spare domain just to try. Down the road if I like it the IP, nameservers, and primary domain will all change if I decide to keep it. Is that a problem with the license?

And last. Is there any term commitment? I would like to subscribe for one month on the $30 plan and if unhappy just ditch it after the first month.

Matt

Re the fc2 install - check http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=21906

basically, change /etc/fedora-release so it appears as fedora core 1, then run it as normal.

Also, I am setting this up on a spare domain just to try. Down the road if I like it the IP, nameservers, and primary domain will all change if I decide to keep it. Is that a problem with the license?

If you change the IP, and wish to keep that license you will need to inform [email protected] to have the license IP updated.

And last. Is there any term commitment? I would like to subscribe for one month on the $30 plan and if unhappy just ditch it after the first month

If you dont want it for the next month - again, just email [email protected]

Chris

Back