Few important suggestions

Lampard

Verified User
Hello,

I have just recently moved to DirectAdmin, however there are few things that i think are very important. By adding those features, it will make DirectAdmin easier for the normal users.

- Direct PHPMYAdmin Login through DirectAdmin
- Direct Webmail login through DirectAdmin
- Display server load somewhere on DirectAdmin so admins can see it easily
- Server Monitor (Something like Munin)
- Automatically put username based on domain (When creating accounts)

I agree with you. Also, file manager need to improve bit. Compress and Download need separate. Back to home button. Back, Forward, Move etc.

For me this two feature with autologin are the most important, to avoid the need to ask for the password every time when a user needs support...

• Ability to hide specific icons or features you want to all users (and resellers) like System Info or LVE Manager for example. Can't see a way of doing that at the moment.
  • Completely hide the ticket system. While I believe I have disabled it, if you go the messages center where you would get Let's Encrypt messaged for example, there is still a tab for tickets.

I agree... Hide system info etc...

easier way to change mailbox password, it keeps asking for user password to change mailbox password?

Please check http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58075&page=2&p=296616#post296616 as example of disabling the things. Skin could auto-hide something you put in CMD list, so that 2nd manual action wouldn't be needed - name it, and we might add it to the next release :) Easily done using "Customize Evolution Skin" right now though.

The auto login for PHPMyAdmin and Webmail is something very important. Like almost of the people are used to it, i hope that it gets added as soon as possible.

Please check http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=58075&page=2&p=296616#post296616 as example of disabling the things. Skin could auto-hide something you put in CMD list, so that 2nd manual action wouldn't be needed - name it, and we might add it to the next release :) Easily done using "Customize Evolution Skin" right now though.

It needs to have a place that can be done globally? For example: System Info etc. Not sure if it possible to make al the icons that can appear have show/hide settings on accounts?

Also being able to force it on all resellers so that they can’t change it too?

The forum thread mentions the global place (directadmin.conf) for CMD_ endpoints, if they're disabled, even if reseller 'enables' the option - it won't just work. Regarding disabling "Customize Evolution Skin" feature for all the resellers - this would be a feature request and could be added to next versions of DA.

I'll add my vote for these 2! Both essential when on the phone with customers and need to check something.

I instantly would like to strongly vote *against* this request. Reason: privacy violation and security. As this way (like possible in cpanel) admins (and probably also resellers) can read customers e-mails. I believe this might even be against the GPDR and privacy regulations in Europe.

I instantly would like to strongly vote *against* this request. Reason: privacy violation and security. As this way (like possible in cpanel) admins (and probably also resellers) can read customers e-mails. I believe this might even be against the GPDR and privacy regulations in Europe.

Admins have root and can therefore read them anyway?

As already stated, if you have root you already can "read e-mails" if you want. Also, if you want to read e-mails using Webmail, you can simply change the password and later restore the "shadow" file with the previous hashed password or transfer the Maildir folders to a separate account.

This is just helpful for those who need to check multiple e-mail accounts but don't want to know the passwords or just need to make some debug tests with the customer permission.

important featured

Hello,

I have just recently moved to DirectAdmin, however there are few things that i think are very important. By adding those features, it will make DirectAdmin easier for the normal users.

- Display server load somewhere on DirectAdmin so admins can see it easily
- Server Monitor (Something like Munin)
- Automatically put username based on domain (When creating accounts)

yes this is really important featured.. i agree with this featured. i wish DA will give it.. and also back button, forword move etc button is very important

The forum thread mentions the global place (directadmin.conf) for CMD_ endpoints, if they're disabled, even if reseller 'enables' the option - it won't just work. Regarding disabling "Customize Evolution Skin" feature for all the resellers - this would be a feature request and could be added to next versions of DA.

Thanks, I know the icon still stays behind and when they click it. It says they don't have access? I believe you can remove such things by using the customize evolution skin but it seems you have to do that on every reseller account? I would prefer and maybe others would to, to have one place to set that globally for all resellers. Unless I'm missing something :p

Hi Richard,

"Daarvoor zijn er meen ik in nederlands Verwerkings contracten enz"

For such and GPDR to sign agreements for that. :rolleyes:
Then in privacy statement ( SITE/mail/company) i think you have to mention you have such a agreement with the "webadmin / hoster"

Admins have root and can therefore read them anyway?
Which takes some more work and does not give such easy overview of all mails. But you only thing admins and don't think further.

If somebody has various email users, like in a hobby account or an office, you as a domain owner can also check everybody's mail. So what about that?

Debugging can also be done via logfiles.
So the only remaining argument would be for lazy customers with multiple accounts. Not good enough for me to give company's with personel or hobby forums these kind of options.

@ikkeben:
Verwerkings contracten are only for storage and such, not for making admins life easier to get a better email overview, not to check you personel's email and not to have a hobby admin check everybody's mail who get's an account from him. That is not in any verwerkings overeenkomst and still a privacy issue.
So I still don't see any good arguments for it an like to vote against it.
But since there are so many cpanel users coming in, I guess it will be made.

Autologin to Mail and phpMyAdmin would be excellent. It helps providers solve support requests faster.

It is dubious if you have to ask the customer first for the password to look at a problem in detail.
Of course, there are other ways to gain access (phpMyAdmin as root, search files for password, etc.), but it's more complicated than if you can log in automatically.

Since some are against this feature, a new option could be added in DirectAdmin to disable it globally / pro reseller / per user.

Back