Firewall & NAT

aRTiScape

Verified User
Hello all,

I am about to setup my DA linux box and understand the requirements of the public ip having to be directly on the server and not via NAT or portforwarded from a router.

I have one slight problem though. I need to setup a windows server on the same ip, an it will purely need internet access out from that connection, and terminal services port forwarded to it's LAN ip via port 3389.

This is how i intend on setting up, please let me know if it won't work (specifically, if it will interfere with licensing)

DA Server will have 2 NIC's.
eth0 -> public ip
eth1 -> private ip

Windows Server:
1 private ip

Firewall script will open up necessary ports coming in and going out on the eth0 interface for DA to work, and then also enable masquerading (or NAT) through eth1 so the windows server can use the DA server's eth1 ip as the gateway to get internet access out. It will also port forward 3389 to the windows server lan ip.

Hopefully someone on here understands the concept and can confirm that this will work.

Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

As long as the is IP binded on eth0: is the one in the license and DA can access the internet to install DA it will run.

The public ip will be binded to eth0, and that is what will be used for the DA licence.

Thanks for that, should be ok i guess.

Back