Firewall!!!!

koliber2

Verified User
Welcome
Some days ago we buy firewall cisco. But now our Direct Admin not work. We have still same external ip of our machine, but this is firewall-> we have 192.168.x.x ip. What i can do or Direct Admin do to work on Lan network? This is sick- we pay for DA, but i don't know why he dont work on lan ip! Please suggest me something;/

Adrian

DA needs a static, publically viewable IP address, not one on a local network (ie. 192.168.0.x)

In other words, it has to sit in public, not behind a private network.

Yeah, i know- but at this moment is only remove firewall to DA start working? What i can do? I dont want remove my cisco firewall becouse we have many ddos attack etc.

You could also punch a hole in the Cisco to allow it to open port 2222 for DA to communicate ... but the IP would still need to be a publically accessible IP

Cisco dont block 2222 port. Only trouble is LAN ip ;/ so i must remove my firewall from my dedicated machine (unplug) becouse DA dont work and i cant nothing do with this? I know- security reason etc, but i pay for something - so it must work. Direct Admin can set more secure for person who want use license ip in LAN... esh;/

you dont understand. DA work but after we buy firewall we must set lan. And now Direct Admin not work. This is sick- i'm very unheppy with DA now. Another question: how can i stop Direct Admin and stop try put it avabile? Becouse machine make load after try start Direct Admin and check license.

DirectAdmin requires a public IP#. The website makes that very clear.

You went ahead and set up your copy of DA with a public IP#.

Then you bought your firewall and set it to give your server a private, unrouteable IP#.

I still don't see how that's anyone's fault but your own. You understood the limitations, you agreed to them when you purchased DirectAdmin, and then you decided to violate one of the requirements.

That said, they're not going to change the system for just you.

Do you have a real Cisco router? Or a Linksys Router?

If you have a Cisco branded router, then it probably runs Cisco's IOS software. If it does you can configure it to firewall without using NAT, and your DA-managed server will work.

Jeff

koliber2 said:
you dont understand. DA work but after we buy firewall we must set lan. And now Direct Admin not work. This is sick- i'm very unheppy with DA now. Another question: how can i stop Direct Admin and stop try put it avabile? Becouse machine make load after try start Direct Admin and check license.

If your firewall is PIX 515, 515E, 525 and higher model with enough memory, you can run PIX version 7.0 code which support transparent mode. That is the pix can work as a layer 2 firewall instead of using NAT. This allows you to use public IP on your server, the firewall will work transparently.

Back