forwarder + mailbox

AudiAddict

Verified User
Hi,

Two questions, First question:

Is it possible to use a mailbox for a domain and also set-up a forwarder?

Example:

1) Set-up a mailbox --> [email protected] --> I can login and receive and send e-mails on this mail address (not a forwarder)

2) Set-up a forwarder for the same domain and set it to [email protected] --> [email protected]

If this works, are there any disadvantages involved? Will e-mail be delivered properly to both mailboxes? Will the users of this mailbox notice this specific forwarder?

Another question :

Is it possible to copy a mailbox on the same server and give it another name? to use the same example as above.. : I have an account [email protected], can I copy this to [email protected], reset password and login onto this account through webmail? It is important to leave the source mailbox intact.

Last edited:
Hi,

yes you can create a forwarder and an email, all email will be stored in localmail and forwarded to the specified mail.

Yes, you can create two account info1 and info2 and either set a forwarder from info1 to info2 or manually copy the relevant folder in your userhome to have a specular copy of info1 into info2

Regards

Thanks for your reply.

But can you clarify on your 2nd reply? How would I manualy copy the relevant folder (imap?) and get it to work?

Back