Forwarders deleted and aliases file cleared out. BUG?

motobrandt

Verified User
I'm not sure exactly where to put this but I'll try it here. This is related I'm sure to this thread THREAD which got no response rom support.

This may even be a skin problem but I don't know so I'm posting it here. I'm running FreeBSD 4.8 with Direct Admin 1.22.4 and I'm running the enhanced skin. OK to the problem....

As a site admin or USER I went to Forwarders. And then I chose to modify one of them. I changed the destination address for one of the forwarders and BAM! All of my forwarders disappeared. Since I just dealt with a similar issue in the aforementioned thread I knew where to look.

I went to /etc/virtual/mydomain.com/aliases and it was empty except for the *: :fail:
So it not only removed all of the forwarders it also removed the entries for all of the users that are put there when you create a user in DA.

HELP? I really really don't want this to happen to a customer that has put tons of forwarders up.

Thanks!
Brandt

BUMP!

I can't believe that this has not been dealt with. :rolleyes: Is there somewhere else that I should post technical problems and potential bugs? I'm sitting here waiting for the inevitable disaster to happen where a customer calls and says that they have 50 forwarders and they all disappeared and no they don't remember what they all were.

Please just say that you're looking into it.:confused:

The forums are not an official venue for DA support.

If you need DA to address a support issue I'd highly recommend contacting them directly.

Jeff

Re: BUMP!

4.10 with 1.224 here and I can not reproduce the problem. I login user level and add a couple of random forwarders, I then came back and edited one of them and it did exactly what it was supposed to do, it modified that one with my changes. All of the other forwarders were there and were not removed.....

ok I think we've got it. And support answered immediately by the way :) . Guess I should have tried that first eh?

John's first question was "is the Hard Drive full?" Well I knew, of course, that is wasn't but.....

df showed that / was 102% full. I remember / teetering around 100% when I had the first problem. And then now I can see that it is over full. After clearing out some space (I know, I screwed up making the / too small to begin with) on / I tried to replicate the problem. I can't do it. Forwarders seem to be working perfectly now.

I'll keep ya posted. But it makes sense that if / was full then temporary access would not be available. so...

Back