shells/bash
net/rsync
devel/pcre2
databases/unixODBC
databases/galera26
converters/libiconv
devel/libedit
textproc/libxml2

Bison and cmake are in the "common preinstall commands". Also libxml2, iconv and pcre2 are in Custombuild so they are handled by DA. Therefore I suggest that one

Code:
pkg install ninja bash rsync unixODBC galera26 libedit

may help. I did not test as I do not have a server for testing at the moment.

As for 10.5, the required dependencies are the following:

Code:
devel/bison
devel/cmake
devel/ninja
shells/bash
net/rsync
devel/pcre2
databases/unixODBC
databases/galera26
converters/libiconv
devel/libedit
textproc/libxml2

Bison and cmake are in the "common preinstall commands". Also libxml2, iconv and pcre2 are in Custombuild so they are handled by DA. Therefore I suggest that one

Code:
pkg install ninja bash rsync unixODBC galera26 libedit

may help. I did not test as I do not have a server for testing at the moment.
I did see those and I believe I tried adding them. I will double check.

it’s not that 10.5 doesn’t build out and compile. DA doesn’t know it’s there in the GUI. It’s like it’s disconnected. Like the RC script if wrong or missing.

I told John if needed he could get on my box to troubleshoot.

On my machine it does not build... So it's something on my end.
is this FreeBSD 12?

If it's 11 it might be. I haven't an 11 box. But I would be glad to help if you sent in the error. Maybe it's one i have seen lately :cool:

is this FreeBSD 12?

If it's 11 it might be. I haven't an 11 box. But I would be glad to help if you sent in the error. Maybe it's one i have seen lately :cool:

I am on 11.x. And it is false alarm - just tried and it compiled fine (with the cmake file you shared above).

Did you manage to install PHP 8? Mine fails with:

Code:
checking for iconv... yes
checking if iconv is glibc's... no
checking if using GNU libiconv... no
checking if iconv is Konstantin Chuguev's... no
checking if using IBM iconv... no
checking if iconv supports errno... no
configure: error: iconv does not support errno

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure file

Fixed the PHP8 issue with configure script which uses the system iconv instead of the one compiled with DA. I just remembered that it's the same with older PHP versions too:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
./configure --enable-embed \
        --prefix=/usr/local/php80 \
        --program-suffix=80 \
        --enable-fpm \
        --with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/php80/lib/php.conf.d \
        --with-curl \
        --with-gd \
        --with-gettext \
        --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-kerberos \
        --with-openssl \
        --with-mhash \
        --with-mysql-sock=/tmp/mysql.sock \
        --with-mysqli=mysqlnd \
        --with-pcre-regex=/usr/local \
        --with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd \
        --with-pear \
        --with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-sodium=/usr/local \
        --with-xsl \
        --with-zlib \
        --enable-zip \
        --without-libzip \
        --with-iconv=/usr/local \
        --enable-bcmath \
        --enable-calendar \
        --enable-ftp \
        --enable-sockets \
        --enable-soap \
        --enable-mbstring \
        --with-icu-dir=/usr/local/icu \
        --with-xmlrpc \
        --enable-exif \
        --enable-intl

Sadly now htscanner fails with:

Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:44:30: error: a parameter list without types is only allowed in a function definition
int (*php_cgi_sapi_activate)(TSRMLS_D);
                             ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:89:90: error: expected ')'
static int value_hnd(char *name, char *value, int flag, int mode, HashTable *ini_entries TSRMLS_DC)
                                                                                         ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:89:21: note: to match this '('
static int value_hnd(char *name, char *value, int flag, int mode, HashTable *ini_entries TSRMLS_DC)
                    ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:132:37: error: expected ')'
                        if (php_check_open_basedir(value TSRMLS_CC)) {
                                                         ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:132:30: note: to match this '('
                        if (php_check_open_basedir(value TSRMLS_CC)) {
                                                  ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:184:66: error: expected ')'
static void parse_config_file(char *file, HashTable *ini_entries TSRMLS_DC)
                                                                 ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:184:30: note: to match this '('
static void parse_config_file(char *file, HashTable *ini_entries TSRMLS_DC)
                             ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:229:61: error: expected ')'
                                value_hnd(tok, value, flag, PHP_INI_PERDIR, ini_entries TSRMLS_CC);
                                                                                        ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:229:14: note: to match this '('
                                value_hnd(tok, value, flag, PHP_INI_PERDIR, ini_entries TSRMLS_CC);
                                         ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:334:134: error: expected ')'
        if (HTG(force_default_docroot) || !sapi_module.getenv || !(doc_root = sapi_module.getenv("DOCUMENT_ROOT", sizeof("DOCUMENT_ROOT")-1 TSRMLS_CC))) {
                                                                                                                                            ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:334:90: note: to match this '('
        if (HTG(force_default_docroot) || !sapi_module.getenv || !(doc_root = sapi_module.getenv("DOCUMENT_ROOT", sizeof("DOCUMENT_ROOT")-1 TSRMLS_CC))) {
                                                                                                ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:363:28: error: use of undeclared identifier 'TSRMLS_C'
        t = sapi_get_request_time(TSRMLS_C);
                                  ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:424:41: error: expected ')'
                                parse_config_file(file, ini_entries TSRMLS_CC);
                                                                    ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:424:22: note: to match this '('
                                parse_config_file(file, ini_entries TSRMLS_CC);
                                                 ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:450:25: error: use of undeclared identifier 'TSRMLS_C'; did you mean 'TSRMLS_D'?
                php_cgi_sapi_activate(TSRMLS_C);
                                      ^~~~~~~~
                                      TSRMLS_D
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:444:30: note: 'TSRMLS_D' declared here
static int sapi_cgi_activate(TSRMLS_D)
                             ^
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:453:17: error: use of undeclared identifier 'TSRMLS_C'; did you mean 'TSRMLS_D'?
        htscanner_main(TSRMLS_C);
                       ^~~~~~~~
                       TSRMLS_D
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced/htscanner.c:444:30: note: 'TSRMLS_D' declared here
static int sapi_cgi_activate(TSRMLS_D)
                             ^
10 errors generated.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/htscanner-1.0.1-enhanced

Maybe htscanner is not ready for PHP8 yet... I don't want to disable it as I use it on the other PHP versions. So I give up here :)

Last edited:
I am on 11.x. And it is false alarm - just tried and it compiled fine (with the cmake file you shared above
So it installed completely and you see it in da? Or it just compiled. Shouldn’t you upgrade to 12.x?

I never adopt new versions of php this early. They are never stable

I have not had other issues outside of database installs, and general issues with the setup / build scripts.

So it installed completely and you see it in da? Or it just compiled. Shouldn’t you upgrade to 12.x?

I never adopt new versions of php this early. They are never stable
It compiled fine. It was showing in DA. I did not go further as htscanner failed on it and I had to revert back to 7.4.

Sadly I need to keep OpenSSL 1.0.2 on my end and 12.x comes with newer. The 1.0.2 port on FreeBSD is already removed and I am stuck.

I always adopt the newest versions of PHP for one site while keeping the others on older stable version. That way I have a chance for testing it few months before upgrading all.

It compiled fine. It was showing in DA.
Humm I can compile 10.5 fine. But when it installs DA cant see it. It reports it is down and the GUI cant start it. Neither can the RC script.

Funny thing is if I install the pkg mariadb105-server it sees that installed..

I have no issues up to 10.4

Last edited:
Funny thing is if I install the pkg mariadb105-server it sees that installed..
Honestly I don't know why the DA developers did not reply on FreeBSD ports/packages in first place. It's only PHP that needs to be custom installed (if you are going to use more than one PHP of course) - all other packages are working out of the box.

reply on FreeBSD ports/packages in first place
In the case of FreeBSD not sure. Seems like they could very easily. I know they are thinking about getting away for Source compiles altogether.

I'm using FreeBSD 11.x, Apache 2.4-FPM, PHP 5.3 + 7.2, htscanner, and MySQL 5.6. I was thinking about making up a 12.x server and maybe try NGINX. This thread is all over with MySQL 8.0 and PHP 8.0 etc., things fixed and not fixed. It seems PHP 8.0 is useless if it doesn't have htscanner. What are the newest components I can use on FreeBSD that doesn't require resorting to sorcery to install and maintain? E.G. if 12x is not ready to go or some of the other components, I'm OK with that. (I don't want MariaDB)

Thanks!

You can use everything considered current easily without worry except
MariaDB10.5
Mysql 8. You can install it but I had trouble so I stayed on 5.7
Either mariadb or mysql will require a custom cmake.

I have never even tried PHP 8 its not even ready on Linux. Maybe around July I will try again

I also cant comment on any PHP version below 7. As I wont use them.

I have several FreeBSD 12.2 servers running DA. No issues.

Please keep in mind DA has still not committed to supporting FreeBSD 13 or higher.

Feel free to give it a go and let us know your success or failure.

Perfect!
It looks like then:
FreeBSD 12.x, Apache 2.4-FPM, PHP 5.3 + 7.4, and MySQL 5.7

The servers are wildly busy and I don't have time to experiments. Moreover, I can't delegate something that requires knowledge of non-standard procedures. I need 5.3 because there is a user that needs to migrate from 5.3 to 7.x.

Thanks!

Back