FTP could not connect to server

parthdp

Verified User
Whenever I try to connect ftp via filezilla i'm getting this error

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 3 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 02:59. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: AUTH TLS
Error: Could not connect to server

maybe there is no TLS cert, try connect without it, or install it

I'm using hostname as FTP host, and using LetsEncrypt for hostname, it installs SSL cert + ca_root

ok... It's working as plain ftp connection. But now I'm facing another problem

Whenever I try to upload file bigger than 1 Gb. It's giving a 413 Error Even after i changed my upload max limit to 10 gb from DA admin setting and php.ini setting

FTP uploads has nothing to do with php upload sizes.
The 413 error is a connection issue.

What if you try with another FTP client?
Do you have all needed ports open in the firewall incoming as well as outgoing, being 20,21 and 35000:35999 tcp?

I have cloud storage website. So all uploading works from website with laravel framework

So all uploading works from website with laravel framework
You stated a question here about a problem with Filezilla and pure-ftpd in your initial post. That has nothing to do with website uploading via some framework. That's pure ftp-client <-> ftp server connection.

So you're confusing things right now with this comment and are not answering my questions intended to help you.

sorry for that.... But my ftp client works fine as plain ftp, All the ports you mentioned above are open and ftp from server working fine.

but my question is that - I have made All changes to php.ini and upload max size from directadmin and changed the file size limit to 10gb but whenever I try to upload file bigger than 1gb it's giving me an error of 413 - request entity is too large

Ok so we are talking about PHP limits, yes?
if yes check
post_max_size: Recommended values are 50M or as large as the maximum file you will be uploading
upload_max_filesize: Recommended values are 50M or as large as the maximum file you will be uploading
memory_limit: Recommended values are at least 256M or as large as the maximum file you will be uploading

Note: if you're uploading extremely large files (more 500MB each), then you might need to also tweak the following settings:

max_input_time in php.ini
max_execution_time in php.ini

Dont forget to put them in the correct file and to restart web servers and php fpm if using.

ok... It's working as plain ftp connection. But now I'm facing another problem

Whenever I try to upload file bigger than 1 Gb. It's giving a 413 Error Even after i changed my upload max limit to 10 gb from DA admin setting and php.ini setting
This was the confusion that began BTW. It would be best to start another post on a different subject.

Back