Full Domain (with subdomains) AWSTATS

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi,

i would like to have a complete awstats statistics that include main domain and every subdomain.

For now you can have awstats for main domain and an awstats for each subdomain but would be nice to have a single awstats (separated from existing ones would be better) that show statistics for everything.

Is that possible?

Regards

Hello,

So you want to gather all access logs into a single one and generate reports with AwStats from that big one log file, right?

I don't know why do you need it, but isn't it possible to do it right now on your own? I guess AwStats won't give you ability to switch domains on such a common page.

Well cause some user complain about total traffic usage and they still say awstats give less usage.. but they apparently dont get that they musth sum main domain and all subdomain traffic (and so awstats statistics).

Regards

I was not probably accurate enough, but quick googling did not bring any authoritative answer on the question whether Awstats supports or not generating single report for multi-domains. You might want to search it by yourself. What I'd like you to think about is this little thing, how much helpful would it be for you and your customers, if you see total numbers for all domains and sub-domains on one single page without ability to see what domains and sub-domains generated that amount of traffic. As apache logs don't contain hostnames, and awstats does not have them either.

Yes i know that, would not be for all domain+all subdomain but for a single domain+ all his own subdomains.

I know would be not totally accurated.. but will give a "complete" view of all visit and consums.... than the single user will check single awstats (as are now) for accurate view for each domain/subdomain.

Regards

Back