German domainregistration fails: [ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (target\, entity\, RCODE) ... REFUSED

BBM

Verified User
Domainname registering normally goes perfectly fine, but now with a German domainname, I get an error message about my (2nd) nameserver:
Command failed [53300102912 Nameserver error [ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (target\, entity\, RCODE) ... REFUSED

Looks like something to do with the reverse DNS, but I don't understand why all other TLD's have no issues getting registered....

German domains are picky. Make sure you use two nameservers that differ at least one number in any octet and the domain is already added to the DNS before you register the .de.

I have 2 completely location separated nameservers.
Tried changing the reverse DNS of the 2nd nameserver with a short TTL, but still no go.
There is a DirectSlave-issue, where I can't succesfully test the connection from the Master DA, but domains still get synced with the slave-server everytime.

Thanks. Looked into the PDF but I will need to take my time for that and read it more thoroughly.
The site doesn't give an error with a .nl-domain, but with the only .de-domain I tried to register, it errors because there are no nameservers known.
Which figures because I also got these errors while trying to register the domain.

Back