Git

Boeve webdesign

Verified User
Hello,

I like to see git added to Directadmin as an standard option or as plugin, because git is an much better way to maintain an website instead of an normal ftp client.

Beside this, i get more and more requests for supporting this from my clients, what made us decide for using webmin/virtualmin for these clients. Because they already support this.

Alternative is to install git with gitolite on Directadmin, but this results in building an own plugin to support the users and keeping control as server admin.

I like to know if there are plans to support this in the future.

There is already ftp and file manager. Git is not needed, but you can make a plugin or pay someone to code one. 99% of people wont even know how to use it anyways....seems completely pointless.

99% of people wont even know how to use it anyways....seems completely pointless
That depends, i don't see it as pointless, because the majority of our customers knows what Git is ant want to use it instead of ftp.
The file manager is no alternative for professional users, it's only handy for the simple user that wants to maintain an simple website.

Git is not needed, but you can make a plugin or pay someone to code one
We use Virtualmin for the more demanding clients, like i told in my previous post, they all ready support it!

The meaning of my post is only to see if there are more webhosting companies wanting Git as native plugin in Directadmin or not.
If we want to satisfy our customers, i really think it should be there.

I've moved your thread; it's now a Feature Request; maybe some people will find it and respond. If there's enough demand, then perhaps DirectAdmin would consider adding it, or a third-party vendor might write a plugin.

Jeff

+1

Plus one from me, especially since yum chokes on CentOS 6.3 when getting to the curl part. Directadmin's curl is libcurl.so.4 and git from CentOS packages is libcurl.so.3.

Resolving this conflict is outside the scope of my current project and because everything but the base os and newrelic is compiled by directadmin it makes sense to have at the very least a custom build integration.

+1

Will be great. To advanced manage websites and for power-users. This is direction for DA which I like!

ill be glad to see implementation git in DA

ill be glad to see implementation git in DA

There is already ftp and file manager. Git is not needed, but you can make a plugin or pay someone to code one. 99% of people wont even know how to use it anyways....seems completely pointless.

Few years has passed on and this reply seems more pointless!, considering the popularity of Git !

That should be really added, its very important at this time as lot of people are moving from cPanel to DirectAdmin.

You can use Git to maintain any set of files (for example, a website's files and assets, a software development project, or simple text files).

Back