Great news for Cpanel owners

yep, they were bought by another VC company which now wants to cash out, too. same with plesk.

reason enough to finally put the pedal to the metal with migration to DA.

again a good day for DA. let's hope DA don't sell also to webpros

There has been a lot of buying in the hosting industry. Personally I know about a lot of hosting companies being bought in The Netherlands by 2 or 3 parties of which 2 I think are investing funds. After being bought, prices are being increased. Hosting landscape is changing, I guess. DA from the beginning has been different in this kind of way in my opinion, so let's see if that still holds up :).

lets hope DA sticks around.... small price increases are to be expected especially if there are new features or more support agents etc...

I don't think cpanel has had many new great features to shout about....

they do not even have Centos8 support.... DA has.

i am absolutely for price increases if it benefits everybody (faster development & support) but all in a regular mass

hahah i could not laugh more yesterday, when i seen this news.
I am so glad, that i kicked them from my servers 5 months ago. All the guys who thought one price increase is fine and stayed with them further or went to Plesk and hoped they will not increase their prices , are now kicked in the ass. But hey, maybe they realize now, that its not too late to switch ;-)

Back