HashBackup

jca

Verified User
I stumbled upon HashBackup which is based on rclone which I'm using to encrypt and backup some of my DirectAdmin backups to the cloud to keep an additional copy.

Is anybody using this? I think it would be a great idea to implement with DirectAdmin as it supports multiple destinations (both physical as well as cloud) as well as incremental/fast backups which might be a better approach for the never ending increase in storage requirements in our systems.

Would love to hear some insights on this from you all!

Jose

Well it's clearly not the same as HashBackup is a free/open source application while your suggestion is not open source, does not support cloud providers and has a monthly license fee attached to it.

Any other options out there?

I stumbled upon HashBackup which is based on rclone which I'm using to encrypt and backup some of my DirectAdmin backups to the cloud to keep an additional copy.

Is anybody using this? I think it would be a great idea to implement with DirectAdmin as it supports multiple destinations (both physical as well as cloud) as well as incremental/fast backups which might be a better approach for the never ending increase in storage requirements in our systems.

Would love to hear some insights on this from you all!

Jose
I think there plan is to use Borg. I currently use Restic.

Reactions: jca
Back