help how to fix, i'm do not login admin

Iskandar

Verified User
Dear

I have a problem I can't access admin direct admin, how do I do it? we have changed the admin password via putty with information on the success of the password change but still cannot access the admin

thank before.

What error do you see.
Check your directadmin logfiles if you see any error there.
Is the directadmin service even running?
Which distro and version are you using?

centos 7
lisency directa dmin running
log error with last | head or last | grep [admin] like this :
root pts/0 gateway Fri Dec 17 11:09 - crash (00:01) how to fik it..?

You said you changed your password. I think that for everyone who wants to help you it will be useful if you indicate in detail what exactly, where and how you changed.

Last edited:
it seems my server can't update the admin password but changing the root password can. how did this happen..?

If the old password is still working because the change did not succeeded, then normally you can find it here in this file:
/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/setup.txt

Via SSH you can change the admin password, but you do have to be logged in as root and have full root rights, then you can do either:
passwd admin
or
sudo passwd admin

If password can not be read, check these, should be correct already, but safer to check:

If you have root access to your server, you can run this command to get a one time link to log in to DirectAdmin as user admin without password.
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin --create-login-url user=admin

Make sure login_keys in
Code:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/user.conf
is set to ON

Dear
Thankyou all ... i try to reinstall directadmin with chane ip... thkyou verymuch

Back