Horde,Squirrell and U'Mail

on FreeBSD i had to install it (move files) by hand
the install.sh script seens to be full of errors, like wrong commenting ("//" instead of "#") and the "for" not working

also, now i'm trying to compile php with imap... didn't work so far, but i'm still investigating the problem, since imap compilation works... just the php compilation with it is giving error... but because of kerberos

Last edited:
Horde

I am receiving these error's

Warning: logmessage(Log.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/squirrelmail/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 186

Warning: logmessage(): Failed opening 'Log.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/squirrelmail/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 186

http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?q=log.php&hl=en&lr=&group=mailing.www.horde-imp&[email protected]&rnum=2

i just disabled the loggin that got rid of the error

cept now when i try to login to horde i just get a blank white screen..

what have i missed

Also the plugin didnt install horde.etc it failed to copy the files i manually copied htem into place by extracting the plugin.tar.gz file from another directory and moving the files my self.

EDIT forgot to build php with imap support.. that was a pain

i cant login now with any email address apart from the main one for my da account though any ideas as to why

ive tryed using the email address as the username but it always says login faile

e.g fbd works but [email protected] doesnt

EDIT2 turned out to be a problem with my imapd not being the DA one and not spporting the additional accounts

i ran imapd.sh from the da scripts and it fixed it

Last edited:
The plugin isn't working on all system correctly. I'm will launch a new plugin when Horde 3 Final is out as this has a better Installation system build in (still not perfect).

(This will not be a plugin but a howto as the installation system is pretty good worked out).

As for the Log problem check the horde/conf/ dir. There should be some settings for logging in /tmp/horde.log

If you disable logging all other problems will not be shown. (Restulting blank page). Mostly this could be of problems with IMP (webmail system of horde).

I will get back on this.

December 23rd, 2004. After three years of development, the Horde Project released the next major versions of the Horde Application Framework and another five applications. Horde 3.0, IMP 4.0, Turba 2.0, Ingo 1.0, Chora 2.0, Kronolith 2.0, Nag 2.0, and Mnemo 2.0 are immediately available for production purposes.

I've reachanged my versions every 3 weeks for the last months as of fixes and bugs in the software/installation system. The changes they made where pretty big. As of know I will keep a closer look at the changes and when they are minor I will launch a howto.

tryd updateing to the latest 2.x build and got a mime.php not found error

managed to get loggin on now

btw when i press address book in compose i get a blank screen ive installed the address book module and that shows up just not when i press to add someone from the address book in compose

Horde

I am receiving these error's

Warning: logmessage(Log.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/squirrelmail/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 186

Warning: logmessage(): Failed opening 'Log.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/squirrelmail/horde/lib/Horde.php on line 186

same error I got on freebsd 4.11-STABLE

I had to copy the dir over manually as well. If i do a touch Log.php which is the file it looks for then i just get a white page completely. Ran the install.sh manually even after fixing the //this to # This and it still doesn't work had to fix a path also as it had double /'s

Please let us know once this has been tested and is working on freebsd as I would very much like to get horde working.

-Justin

Back