How can I create a user that only need dns service for google workspace's email?

glio

Verified User
My friend ask me for free dns service in my server (he only want to host his domain in my server and I manage his domain dns)

But he don't need to host email, website... in my server, because he want to use google workspace for that.

So can I just add his domain name's record in : "DNS Administration" then add his domain name
than I add
1. NS records( ns1.myserver.com, ns2.myserver.com..........)
2. Google's Mx records (MX 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. ..............)
3. "v=DMARC1; p=none; sp=none; rua=mailto:[email protected]" _dmarc record
4. "v=spf1 a mx include:myserver.com include:_spf.google.com -all" txt record
5. "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" x._domainkey record

does it works?

thanks you so much

What do you mean? That is a package option which does what you want easily.
How would that mean a lot of template changes? I just means creating a seperate package only. Nothing more.

What do you mean? That is a package option which does what you want easily.
How would that mean a lot of template changes? I just means creating a seperate package only. Nothing more.
I need if this "Feature Sets" is added by default, we just select enable or disable it, that will help a lot for the guys like me ( afraid of edit directadmin template will break the full directadmin system)

but, thank you, I think I just edit in dns manager for that case now.

Last edited:
I need if this "Feature Sets" is added by default, we just select enable or disable it,
That's what I'm trying to explain to you. It -is- present by default as switchable option in the Evo skin.

Login ad admin to your server.
Then choose add or edit a package.
Scroll down to "feature sets".
Now by default "all" is selected. Change this to "Allow selected" and then the 3 options from the screenshot from BTCTech become visible.
The only thing you have to do is then select the DNS Only. Note sure, maybe you have to deselect the "core functions" but probably not, you can test that yourself.

So this is made just for people like us, who don't want to edit or customize templates to prevent issues. There is totally no need to customize or change any template. It's a default choice option.

That's what I'm trying to explain to you. It -is- present by default as switchable option in the Evo skin.

Login ad admin to your server.
Then choose add or edit a package.
Scroll down to "feature sets".
Now by default "all" is selected. Change this to "Allow selected" and then the 3 options from the screenshot from BTCTech become visible.
The only thing you have to do is then select the DNS Only. Note sure, maybe you have to deselect the "core functions" but probably not, you can test that yourself.

So this is made just for people like us, who don't want to edit or customize templates to prevent issues. There is totally no need to customize or change any template. It's a default choice option.
Thank you so much, I originally thought that I would need to modify a lot of files to add this feature. Thanks for the guide

Back