How easy is it to use DirectAdmin? Is the interface user-friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

symakhan

Hey Guys

I am about to start a PR agency where I can offer music career guidance, consultation, and management. The agency will be called "The Music Management Company" (MMC).

I have a lot of experience in the music industry and have worked with some big names. I want to share my knowledge with people who are passionate about music and want to make a career. However, as you know, a good online presence is a must for any business these days. So I have decided to make a website for my agency using DirectAdmin. It is a control panel that allows you to manage your web server and hosting account. DirectAdmin also provides a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to manage your website. You can create and manage email accounts, databases, FTP accounts, and more. I think it is the perfect platform for my agency's website. I have never used it before, but it seems pretty easy. However, as new to the field, I am here to ask a few questions about the process.

What are the benefits of using DirectAdmin?

Are there any downsides to using DirectAdmin?

How can I install DirectAdmin on my web server?

Do you have any tutorials on how to use DirectAdmin?

Where can I find coupons or discounts for DirectAdmin?

Thank you for your time! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hello.

Directadmin itself is quite easy, but to administer it, at least basic linux knowledge would come in very handy.

What are the benefits of using DirectAdmin?
That you are your own hosting provider, so you can change account and webserver settings etc. as needed. You don't have to ask your host.

Are there any downsides to using DirectAdmin?
Compared to a shared hosting account, it needs a bit more maintenance work.

How can I install DirectAdmin on my web server?
You don't. Directadmin is a control panel, which manages webserver software amongst other things. So Directadmin is installed on a clean Linux OS, not on some already present server.

Do you have any tutorials on how to use DirectAdmin?
You can have a look at https://www.site-helper.com/ which still uses the older skin, but it can give some impression. Next to the docs ofcourse.

As for coupons or discounts, there aren't any. Discounts are only given on bigger purchases like datacenter and big hosts.

Its overkill if you want only your own website. You`ll need constantly time to manage / update your server. This time you will be missing in PR work. If you have a few websites and want your own DirectAdmin server, I`d suggest to rent some vServer with DA preinstalled, so you dont must maintenain it. But if you want to have many websites or customers on the server, then it may make sense.

Agreed with Johannes. Personal license is nice, but for your needs you might be better of with a shared hosting package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back