How rebulid user domains

amator

Verified User
Hi,

I have a strange problem. Disappeared DNS entry and /etc/virtual/domian.com on my server for one domain. However, the domain is still visible in the panel DirectAdmin. How can I rebuild the DNS entries and /etc/virtual only one user?

Disappeared from where? The zone files or configuration file?

you can edit the DNS entries in your BIND directory using Terminal SSH.

in Debian it's /etc/bind/

and you just edit the appropriate zone file: eg: domain.com.db

I'd suggest looking at another zone file to check if it's all intact.

If you do edit any of this, be sure you restart or reload your bind service.

The reason I asked the question is because if it is missing from the conf file then all he needs to do is add the domain again. If he has noticed it is missing from dns then its very possible it is missing from other places as well and it just needs to be added again so everything is in place.

If he just adds it to dns he might find that its also missing from apache. Then he might find a bunch of other places as things go wrong. Best thing is to add the domain again so that all config files are up to date.

Good point. It is also a concern if it is missing to say the least, only thing I can think of is that some "fiddling" was done. If that's the case, I'd be backing up the user's /home/ folder (and subfolders) just as a precaution.

you can edit the DNS entries in your BIND directory using Terminal SSH.

in Debian it's /etc/bind/
And in RedHat/CentOS based systems it should be at /var/named.
and you just edit the appropriate zone file: eg: domain.com.db

I'd suggest looking at another zone file to check if it's all intact.

If you do edit any of this, be sure you restart or reload your bind service.
And any time you edit a zone file you should increment the serial number before restarting BIND, to make sure any slave systems you have in place will get the new information.

Jeff

Back