Solved How to access dashboard of a WP installation on a domain which NS is pointed to another host.

zaqirhossan

Hi,
I am a noob with DirectAdmin, learning the system.

Recently we switched to a new host with DirectAdmin. Websites are live on the old host, we are planning to move all the websites one by one.
We have added two domains on DirectAdmin. Installed WordPress on both the domains. The websites are live on the old host, both websites are with WordPress CMS.

I Have generated backup of the WP files and DB using "All In One WP Migration" plugin and now want to import the plugin generated file to the WordPress installation on the DirectAdmin.

The domain is pointed to the old host, we want to move everything to the new host and go for the NS change after everything is moved on the new host so that when the NS changes are done for the new host, the propagation does not cause any delay.

The problem is, I can not access the WP Login using "mydomain.com/wp-admin" because the domain is not pointed to the new host.

Is there any other way to access the WP installation on the new host with DirectAdmin and work on the WP Dashboard to import the WP plugin generated file or do other task? Without updating the NS yet?

Can I access and use WP Dashboard with an IP of the host like "123.145.14.2/wp-admin" or any other way?

I need help with this. Please help me.

Thanks everyone in advance.

You may right-click Notepad , and choose "Run as administrator"

Open the file C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts , add a line -

123.145.14.2 www.xxxx.com xxxx.com

Save. Close all browsers.

Open a new browser, you can visit the website www.xxxx.com using that PC, which shall point to that IP.

Remember to remove that line after testing.

You may right-click Notepad , and choose "Run as administrator"

Open the file C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts , add a line -

Save. Close all browsers.

Open a new browser, you can visit the website www.xxxx.com using that PC, which shall point to that IP.

Remember to remove that line after testing.

Thanks a lot!

That solved the problem!

Love you!

Back