Verified User
Hello,

I want to ask, how to add more than 4 PHP versions by custombuild like:
php5_release
php5_mode
php6_release
php6_mode
etc.
What scripts I should to modify? I don't want to use third party solutions.
Thanks!

I know and use this. But I need more than 4 versions, at least 6.

It seems we are still waiting on this.

Just wondering, why? By the way with suPHP I could use as many PHP versions as I needed. This is not about having 4+ PHP versions, it is about to have old PHP versions which Directadmin does not support. This way I could still use more then 4+ versions. But why do you need it?

@zEitEr A lot of websites still using old PHP because it was developed on it and owners don't wont to pay again for new website. That's why we using cloudlinux, but in some cases users want to use VPS and don't want to pay for cloudlinux, so we must install outdated centos7 to manage old php, or if DA will add support 6+ versions, maybe people can keep old and new stuff on one server.

So the question would be how to install EOL versions of PHP, I believe. Because even if DirectAdmin allows 10+ PHP versions to run at the same time, you will still have issues to install PHP 5.x and PHP 7.x on new OS#es.

And since Directadmin dropped old versions, I believe they won't complete the feature. Sorry to say that. And this is only my view, I'm not a DirectAdmin choice-maker.

I think so too, because there only 3 actual php versions at same time, fourth one - will be outdated in any case.

Back